Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

grrrrrrrrrrrr my older sister

+3
jools
Natasha
piesmummy2006
7 posters

Go down

grrrrrrrrrrrr my older sister Empty grrrrrrrrrrrr my older sister

Post by piesmummy2006 Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:11 pm

well my sister is down from london still for xmas and hasn't gone back yet so when i when to my mums she was there as you know Niamh says "boobies mamie" when she wants feeding because she doesn't agree with it i was feeling really bad so tried to take her mind of so i didn't feed her (was crying inside) but niamh being strong willed she jusst kept saying it pouring at me and begging her little face was so upset so i thought why should she suffer if she is that bothered leave the room......... anyway when she saw me getting ready to feed her she ran out calling niamh look juciey mmmmm she came back with that and said nooooooooo have jucie niamh took the cup and threw it on the floor and looked at her like pooh! :pml: she climbed up shot another dagger and had her "boobies"

she was actually cringing and looking the other way saying she is just too big!!!!

why do people fell this way i just dont get it!
tho's of you who breas fed at this stage did you get the same kind of thoughts?

after all this when we went out she ran off when niamh had a strop. grrrrrrrr she did my head right in today! xxxxx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

grrrrrrrrrrrr my older sister Empty Re: grrrrrrrrrrrr my older sister

Post by Natasha Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:06 am

silent What a silly moo!

I would do it even more now to pee her off Razz

I am not at all botherd by older ones bfing, me personaly I am not comfortable with children over 4/5 as I couldn't do it that long but I wouldn't condem any mother for doing it, and certainly wouldn't discourage it if thats what they both wanted.

I feel that those who critise are normaly prude, ignorant and just darn right unintelligent.

:aww: You booby feed as much as you both want!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:31 am

hahahahahaha yeah i might do now.

i only plan to feed untill 2 unless she stops before. it woulnt bother me either seeing 4-5yr olds maybe not in public tho Neutral xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:40 am

Grrrr Evil or Very Mad Good on you for not letting her comments stop you!

This is what I'm scaredf of as Brody is big for his age I alreqady get funny looks when I say I'm still breastfeeding. Crying or Very sad

We should be able to say/do it with pride but are made to feel bad! Mad
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:24 am

yeah i know, Crying or Very sad xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:22 pm

I have not come across such probs yet but my family are all quite pro BF. I do however expect a little more 'fussing' about it when she is over a year. In public i am lucky because Emily is small for her age people think nothing of it - unless they have a problem with it in the first place that it!!

You did well to not lose your temper - how dare she think she has the right to pass judgement!! Evil or Very Mad

I agree with Tasha - i would never refuse her - infact almost temp her to have boobies when your sis is around!! Twisted Evil
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:45 pm

ive never had such a strong reaction to bf when my lo were toddlers but i dont think most people would dare! i did get lots of comments though and it does make me more determind! im not sure i could have kept my temper in your position!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:53 pm

:omg!: I cant believe you got that reaction, especially off your own sister!

I really admire you for continuing breastfeeding as long as you both want, and agree that you should make a point of doing it in front of your sis!

I am getting comments already off a family member - "are you still planning to breastfeed? You'll only do it for a month or so though wont you?" I tell them i will feed as long as I am able or as long as baby/child wants to. And i am going to feed lots when they are about just to make a point!!!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:06 pm

:cheer: Go Kay!! :cheer:
ldnug
ldnug

Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:30 pm

I cant believe you got that reaction, especially off your own sister!

I really admire you for continuing breastfeeding as long as you both want, and agree that you should make a point of doing it in front of your sis!

yeah i know she is sooooooo strange!!!!!!!!!!!! i was p***ed off but my mum get sick of my younger bro and sis arguing so didnt want to her to have to listen to her oldest daughters arguing too,

well done you by the way!!!!!!

thanks for all the messages back

xxx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Ellie only wants breastfeeds just before bed or if she wakes during the night. Completely refuses them during the day, has done since just before turning one, so I don't have quite the same problem but I have been getting comments since Ellie turned one from both my Mum and MIL that they think it is time I stopped breastfeeding etc. I would be happy if Ellie stopped breastfeeding now but I don't want to stop her if she still wants to feed. If that makes any sense.

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

I had a comment from my mum today which really annoyed me - and i told her so!

We were chatting about my 30th (yes it is approaching rapidly) birthday in august and she said when i have my party she will look after the children - i made some comment about her still feeding and she said 'good god she won't still be doing it then' and then she said to Emily 'you won't be able to have mummy milk for much longer you are nearly 1!!'

I was quite shocked and siad she would have it as long as she wanted it and that she should mind her own business - and added that if i wanted her opinion i'd ask for it!

What is it with people interferring in something which quite frankly is non of there business.

Right (as she steps down from her soapbox) rant over!!!!!
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:40 pm

i know some people dont seem to understand do they! what did youur mum say when you said that?

nicky: niamh was the same but ever since she was ill she has got back in the routine of wnting it more, she misses it on a monday, tue and wed when am at uni! xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:10 am

She didn't say anything Angela - just sort of changes the subject!
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:10 pm

oh, i dont know what my sis would say? Smile xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down