Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for some advice- new member katslundy

+2
Kasia80
katslundy
6 posters

Go down

Looking for some advice- new member katslundy Empty Re: Looking for some advice- new member katslundy

Post by katslundy Sun May 25, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi!

I am looking for some advice. I am going away for the weekend....yeah, on my own for a break...yeah! I am nervous though as it is my first time away in about 4 years. I am still breastfeeding my youngest....11 months. am worried about leaving her and about my boobs! I dont want to stop feeding yet!!! any thoughts????

katslundy

Female Number of posts : 4
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Looking for some advice- new member katslundy Empty Re: Looking for some advice- new member katslundy

Post by Kasia80 Sun May 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi there, I've moved your post so you can have own topic and get more advice this way!
First: welcome to breastbuddies! I hope you will enjoy your stay! :aww:
How much is your 11 month breastfeeding during the day?
How are you with expressing milk? How much can you pump in one go and how often would you be able to express during this week and how often would you be able to pump when you will be away?
I'm asking because your answers will let me get clear picture- how much milk you will need to leave for LO and how to take care of your supply while you are away. Also answering how much you can get in one expressing session will let me estimate how often you'll need to express before you'll go away.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sun May 25, 2008 7:49 pm

To shedd some light before you will answer: baby needs around 24-28 oz of bm in 24 hours, so it would be the best to leave 2X28 oz- if you'll be away for 2x24 hours and so on.
Then when you are away you could express when you would normally bf your baby- this way your milk supply will stay unaffected.

Also: is your baby used to bottles? Will she drink from sippy cup?

cheers And how lucky you are to be able to get away!!!!Can I go too Wink
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sun May 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Just wanted to say 👋 hello and welcome!
Cant add any more than Katie, sorry Embarassed but second the lucky you getting away cheers
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Sun May 25, 2008 9:39 pm

👋 sorry cant be much help only made it 5 months so far, but just wanted to say :wlp:

Jane x
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW Mon May 26, 2008 5:41 am

👋 hi and a welcome to the forum.
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Mon May 26, 2008 9:02 am

Hi
Look forward to getting to know you!! :aww:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down