Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helen's Birthing Story

5 posters

Go down

Sticky Helen's Birthing Story

Post by Helen Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:02 pm

6 months later and I've finally got around to telling you about the labour! I gave birth 5 days late at 10.58am on 11th december she weighed 6 lb 8 1/2 oz and you already no we called her Bethany Grace Walker and she's so gorgeous.

Anyway I started with strong contractions at 2.30am on monday 10th and they started every 5 to 10 mins from the start - not like when they tell you they're really far apart at first! It was all mainly in my back and were so strong from the start.I managed to put up with it for nearly 24 hours.I went in hospital at 1am ish on the tuesday morning and was still only 2cm dilated! I couldnt believe it! The baby was back to back so that was apparently why the contractions were so regular and strong from the start! I went home but was back within an hour because they'd got that bad!

I was in loads of pain but god knows why but i never asked for any pain relief! Had a hot bath when i got to hospital and then got on the bed and couldnt stop shakin i was in that much pain! Still didnt ask for anything! The midwife finally offered something at about 4.30am. i had the meptide injection in my bum - didnt do a thing for me at all! So i started having gas and air about an hour later.

Oh my god the gas and air sent me loopy! lol! I loved it - i cant remember most of what i'd been saying to adam but apparently i thought he was going to be fighting ricky hatton, thought adam was going on the jerry springer show with a duck (?!!), i thought jeremy clarkson was in the room with me, and at one point i heard my pet labrador dog toby (from when i was younger and who is dead) in the corner of the room walking about! :pml:

I started to feel like i needed to push at about 6am but when they checked i was just 6cm dilated. The feeling to push was so strong and i was getting really frustrated when they kept saying breath through it cos it was so difficult its going against all your instincts! I was told baby was back to back and in an oblique position and needed to make its way to the proper position but that because of the pressure of her moving round it makes you feel like you need to push. God it was so hard!

It got to 8.30am and the midwife said that they wouldnt usually encourage epidurals but that she thought i'd benefit from one cos of how srongly i needed to push.So i ended up having an epidural which they'd finished doing by about 9am. Unforunately they hadnt checked how dilated i was before i had the epidural. When they checked straight after i was 10cm - they said no wander it was really strong pushing feelings whilst they were putting epidural in! But obviously the feeling to push faded because of the epirual even though at that point i finally could've pushed! How ironic is that?!

When the epidural faded a bit i finally started pushing and had the baby at 10.58am! I really hope the next time i have a baby its not back to back! It was all worth it though obviously and the memory of the pain soon goes i just cant wait for the next now! lol! Hopefully i wont have epidural next time - was really hoping not to have one this time.

Well thats my birthing story - all 33 hours of it! lol
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Sticky Re: Helen's Birthing Story

Post by gem1981 Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Thanks for sharing, lovely birth story :aww:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Oh my god the gas and air sent me loopy! lol! I loved it - i cant remember most of what i'd been saying to adam but apparently i thought he was going to be fighting ricky hatton, thought adam was going on the jerry springer show with a duck (?!!), i thought jeremy clarkson was in the room with me, and at one point i heard my pet labrador dog toby (from when i was younger and who is dead) in the corner of the room walking about!
omg omg i've had gas and air at home for 30 min and in ambulance for a while and wow!!! just when i started to enjoy it they took it away from me! I've had psychodelic visions all was bllurry and in hot vivid colours, like sun in van Gogh picures LOL and sound was soooo awsome too!!legaly high, eh? Wink

33 hours, wow!!!! epudural sucks!!! had it with John and never will again Wink

Wonderful story! Thank you sooooo much for sharing it with us :bighug:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:25 pm

my first was a back to back and took 24+ hrs! i had gas and air too and had a rant about why jimmy hendrix wrote purple haze- in my eyes it was because hed had gas and air!!! my friend had a babe about the same time and she was convinced she was marrying prince harry!!
thanks or sharing your story too, i love birth stories :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:22 pm

oh and i forgot to say as soon as i started on the gas i thought i could hear dance music and i said to adam he was having the baby at the weekend and i was gonna go to the club 'wigan pier' which i havent been to for years and years with my younger brother!:haha:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:59 am

Lovely story!

Dont even go there with the gas and air - i go completely loopy! :wm:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down