Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had a right Day

5 posters

Go down

Had a right Day Empty Had a right Day

Post by SarahW Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Well what a day all Mollies done is cry, I think its the weather but she wouldn't feed she has messed about all day. Had a couple of sucks then screamed at me and refused to latch on.

So i made a decision that i knew she needed to drink so given her the bottle of milk i'd expressed earlier for the Milk bank, she drank the 4oz straight down and has been asleep ever since.

It was wearing me out, she has cried most of the day cos she really seemed like she couldnt be bothered to make the effort to feed from me.

I hope i did the right thing...what do you think ladies ? (first time she had Expressed Breast Milk in a bottle )

Is she going to feed of me in night do you think ?
Or have a made a huge mistake?
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Had a right Day Empty Re: Had a right Day

Post by emmiesmummy Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:23 am

Sarah, i think it might be the weather Emily has been like this all week & i feel like giving up. She cries all day i keep offering the boob & its made me tired & depressed. She refuses milk from bottle or cup & yesterday when i tried to express i only managed just over an ounce so now im worried my milk will be drying up. I rarely drink in the day either which isnt good.
I wouldnt worry too much at mollie having the bottle it was still boobie milk which is the main thing & if it gives you a break so you dont have to stop :boob: then i say its what she gets more than how its delivered to her that counts.
:aww: Hope today is better for you both
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by just Rachel Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:29 am

I am sure that this hot weather affects the children in lots of different ways. Looks like you have found this out.

I would not worry about giving breastmilk from a bottle, In fact I did that from 12 weeks.
just Rachel
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 am

How was Mollie thru the night Sarah? :aww:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:21 am

fine thanks, her usual self fed okay from me so quite relieved.
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nilmerg Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:07 am

Living in Australia, I can assure you that babies will feed when they want to no mater how hot it gets. Although when you are talking 30 deg C plus, the skin to skin thing does become a bit moist and clammy! I'm sure you would agree that there are days when you eat more or less, and babies are no different. Glad to hear that everything is back to normal for you, but don't worry, your LO will never stave when they have access to your custom made liquid gold BM. The occasional bottle of EBM does them no harm.

Here is the Australian Breastfeeding Associations advice of keeping your baby cool in hot weather:
http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/cool.html

ps Well done you, donating to a milk bank.
nilmerg
nilmerg

Number of posts : 12
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: