Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random people telling you what to do................

+8
emmiesmummy
sunnysarah
jools
just Rachel
nac
Natasha
kay
clairelana
12 posters

Go down

Random people telling you what to do................ Empty Random people telling you what to do................

Post by clairelana Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Has anyone else had this?

I was in next today and one of the women who worked there said "oh she's hungry isn't she" I said "erm no she has just been breast fed and had a bottle of expressed breast milk, she's tired" Then she went on to say "You should give her a bottle of water to calm her" I was getting annoyed at this point and said "I breast feed her, she doesn't need water" and walked off before i told her what i was thinking. AAAAAGGGGHHHH How annoying.

(sorry moaning again........lol. I don't always moan....ha ha)

Claire
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Random people telling you what to do................ Empty Re: Random people telling you what to do................

Post by kay Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 pm

grrrr Evil or Very Mad

I hate it when everyone thinks they have the right to comment on your baby.
In the evening when Corey cluster feeds, if we are out, or there are people here - 'oh he cant possibly want feeding again' or ' he's just had a feed, he is tired'.

My baby, i know what he wants and needs! Bugger off!

you come and rant anytime hun :aww: we all know how you feel!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Random people telling you what to do................ Empty Re: Random people telling you what to do................

Post by Natasha Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:48 pm

Oh I have had the " feeding again? thats not right, they should be feeding every 4 hours by now!"

Evil or Very Mad Did my head in!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:56 pm

oh i always get that. i jut say yes feeding again i don't mind though she'll sleep all night....lol normally shuts the up.
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by nac Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 pm

i have had - but surerly you give her water???

its okay i breastfeed i say - but water is different im told.... grrrrh
or she is a good size she cant be filling up on just breastmilk!!! how in the heck do you think i got her from 7'10 at birth to 14 lb in 12 weeks!!

nac

Number of posts : 27
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:01 pm

lol! i get that daily!
Corey is 5 months and 19lb 6oz of pure breastmilk (apart from the odd lick of a nicked apple!)
People just cant accept he such a size on just booby milk ( or it leads to the comments on the size of my boobs Rolling Eyes )
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by just Rachel Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:43 am

Other people always think they know what is right for your baby. I would ask them if they would like to pop in and do the night time feeds and house work if they are so concerned !!
just Rachel
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:09 am

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Drives me mad Evil or Very Mad
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnysarah Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:51 pm

The one comment that really bugs me is " oh she`s got wind you need to burp her" just cos she smiled!
sunnysarah
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:13 am

Im now getting,is she on 3 meals now, no i say she doesnt need it shes breastfed, then they turn to Em and say to her in a baby voice, 'poor Emily your mummy is silly you must be so hungry darling'
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:31 pm

I no what you mean - i have had the 'she cant be hungry again can she' comments off in laws since baby was born! Mad .

When she was a month or so old bethany just wanted feeding and suckling constantly and especially when we went to his mums or grandmas. Everytime she was being held by them she would cry loads - it was to come back to me. So i'd put her staright to the breast and she'd suckle. in laws used to always say she's full of wind thats why she's cring.Erm, no its cos she wants mummy! My sister takes the p**s out of inlaws with a private injoke - whenever we went to her house and bethany started crying my sis would say the same in front of hubby - me and my sis would be secretly smirking. :haha:

Last edited by Helen on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:19 am

Yes well... I think I can totally sympathise atm... :haha: I've had all sorts of random comments... but the stranger ones are far easier to handle than those from In laws and relatives.. They hurt more.. Neutral And then its the comments about my parenting choices that really upset me.. its kinda someone saying your a crap parent.
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Squiglet wrote:Yes well... I think I can totally sympathise atm... :haha: I've had all sorts of random comments... but the stranger ones are far easier to handle than those from In laws and relatives.. They hurt more.. Neutral And then its the comments about my parenting choices that really upset me.. its kinda someone saying your a crap parent.

I no what you mean but i just try my hardest to ignore them (inlaws). Because the way i see it i'm doing what i believe is best for my baby - i'm :boob: to give her the best possible start in life(which none of them have even tried), i waited till she was 6 month old before introducing solids (inlaws especially were commenting from when she was 3 month that she should be on purees now), i did baby led weaning because i believe its best for their development of independant feeding (they hate blw - its so dangerous they say! Erm, no its not! I love sitting her in the same room as them when she's eating something lol) and we :cosleep2: which also inlaws hate! and i think its brilliant! (I used that icon but we've only one baby yet lol)

Anything to p**s them off i love haha!
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Just squirt them in eye LOL
or offer them Bean Dip cheers
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Orsika Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Kasia80 wrote:Just squirt them in eye LOL
or offer them Bean Dip cheers

lol! Absolutely!

Orsika

Female Number of posts : 7
Your mood today : Content
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down