Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When are you technically pregnant?

3 posters

Go down

When are you technically pregnant? Empty When are you technically pregnant?

Post by nickyjones Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:26 am

OK this is a purely TTC as Ellie stopped BF quite a few months ago.... but I have started to worry.

Last time I became PG I was incredibly niave and hadn't realised quite how many things you couldn't eat and drink and couldn't do until the doctor told me at the first visit to him, a few days after my period was late and I did a test (we were trying I just hadn't researched it that much).

Now this time I am aware that while PG you shouldn't eat things like Prawns, Pate, take loads of medicines, drink alcohol etc etc. Play hockey, go skiing and so on. However my question is this when are you really PG when it comes to these restrictions. As the earliest you know is once you are a day or 2 late. Can this cause problems... or at stages like when the egg is first fertilised do these things not cause any risks? It tooks us about 3months to get pregnant last time and who knows this time (I am now nearly 3yrs older), but I don't want to risk anything if you know what I mean.

Thanks all.

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

When are you technically pregnant? Empty Re: When are you technically pregnant?

Post by kay Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm

The first 3 months are the riskiest for these things, as this is when most of babies developement takes place (vital organs etc).
After 3 months, the baby is basically growing - so there is still a risk, but not so much as the 1st 3 months.

Saying this, at the start of my latest pregnancy, i got P'd at a wedding, went on a 3 hour motorbike ride, and took the morning after pill - and my little fella is just perfect!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 am

When I 1st got pregnant I didn't know and went out and got drunk, not really drunk but more than tipsy, and that pregnancy didn't last. It probably was nothing to do with the alcohol, but next time (fingers crossed) I'll be careful from as sson as I think it might have happened. Its what an extra couple of weeks? You can get ultra early test's now that can give a posative 3 to 5 days after conception, I dont think a galss of wine, or piece of bree, my favorite, is more important than a possible bundle of joy. Just my humble opinion though. Very Happy
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRIVATE-10-ULTRA-EARLY-10-mIU-PREGNANCY-TEST-TESTS_W0QQitemZ310072805874QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310072805874&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down