Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seperation anxiety

+3
piesmummy2006
angpixi
kay
7 posters

Go down

Seperation anxiety Empty Seperation anxiety

Post by kay Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Corey has started screaming whenever i leave the room, and screams on Dave and holds his arms out as soon as he sees me :iconredface:

I didnt have it this extent with the other 2 - possibly because they werent as attatched to me with being bottle fed?

Anyway, I wear him in the sling, and try putting him with his toys in the same room as me, but tbh, there are some things i just cant do with him attatched to me - and my house is suffering for it.

I refuse to leave him to cry or get upset, so i respond to him immediately.
Any advise from you girls that have 'been there done it got the Tshirt' ?
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Seperation anxiety Empty Re: Seperation anxiety

Post by angpixi Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:53 pm

in my experience its a phase that ive just worked through (willows having another one at the minute!) and boys are worse! im much the same i cant leave any child crying, it annoys the hell out of dave but i just leave the house work and things i cant do while attatched, until another time. some days are better than others and the phases dont seem to last that long. sorry im not much help, you seem to be doing all the right things though :iconredface: im not the tidyest of people so i have no problem leaving some housework Laughing i hope someone else has some better ideas for you :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:00 pm

thanks Ange!
i'm far from a tidy person - but i am trying to pack stuff up at the moment - so i guess the boys are noticing im 'doing' more, and spending a less time playing with them.
Today i have given up, spent most of day cuddling corey and entertaining boys, with laptop on for inbetween Razz
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:12 pm

just thought i would send a :aww: :aww: rather than read and run! xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:28 am

piesmummy2006 wrote:just thought i would send a :aww: :aww: rather than read and run! xx
Me too :aww:

Brody can be quite clingy and still won't fall asleep alone but I too refuse to let him cry so alot of stuff has to wait :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:55 am

:aww: it will pass when he will be able to do more by himself, like playing with toys, brothers, going to school, like get into trouble, get married to some blonde bimbo and then one day he will start calling you again...oh sorry, this is different story Wink
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:15 pm

Ellie went through a stage like this at about 10months, she had been in nursery since 5months but at 10months when I went to leave her she got really upset. First time she did it I tried offering her a feed (in case that was the problem) giving her a cuddle etc, but in the end just had to leave her. As soon as I went she was happy. After that I knew it was a phase and would just say good bye as cheerily as possible and not look back (it is so hard to do) but thankfully a week later she was back to normal.

When I started back playing hockey (she was about 15months) she would get really upset when I went to leave. Again once I had gone she was more than happy playing with Daddy. After the first 3 or 4 times, she was quite happy for me to leave, just saying a cheery Bye, bye Mummy. However once I get back I can't leave her for a while otherwise she does get upset.

I realise that Corey is quite a bit younger but I would be tempted to try not reacting to it. If he is with his Daddy, you know he is being well loved and looked after, and doesn't need anything. I know how hard it was on hubby to start with but it should settle down quite quickly if you are consistant. Good luck!

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:21 pm

Kasia80 wrote::aww: it will pass when he will be able to do more by himself, like playing with toys, brothers, going to school, like get into trouble, get married to some blonde bimbo and then one day he will start calling you again...oh sorry, this is different story Wink

:pml:

It's true - Brody is a lot more independant in the day now he is too busy to be clingy! He used to be clingy day and night!
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Thanks again Ladies! :aww:

Katie - you nuts, woman! :haha:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:03 pm

Yeah just a phase hun, aw bless him :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum