Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well day 7 here we are

3 posters

Go down

well day 7 here we are Empty well day 7 here we are

Post by chunkymommy Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:47 pm

so day 7 not going well at all conners lost 12% BW:tear:already his out put is so much and now i'm only feeding on one side per feed 15 mins:tear: and supping 30ml:iconpuke: this is the plan of midwife now i sent a letter to Dr.newman i hope he gets back to me i have milk and on don 4x4 ,fg4x4,2by2 vitems 1x4,nursing tea x4 soon as the place get blessed thistle i'll be on that 4x4 and trying to find goat's rue but the mid wive tell me not to pump and i'm think its going to bring down my supply she said once he gains wight we can go to 5 mins on other side and any BM that i get in my sheild i can Idrop to him last feed it was 10 mls fell out

sorry about spelling baby brain and no spcheck

another thing is no sling cuz we where feeding in it he loved it i loved it but he a slow grazer/eater and feeds where going long but now i find myself just looking at him to day so sad i miss him close to me

ok well thanks for reading

we are keeping :boob: even if no one likes it dh is so supportive and he was crying having to give conner sup but still look at what i can do and not giveing up

lindsay
chunkymommy
chunkymommy

Female Number of posts : 22
Tell us about yourself : same ds 7 and dd 22 months and onr on way mid sept
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

well day 7 here we are Empty Re: well day 7 here we are

Post by kay Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:49 am

:aww:

you know, the average weight loss in the 1st week is 10 % - and Corey was more than this.

Im no good with all the figures etc lol, but all i can advise is to keep him on as much as you can - your supply is nowhere near established yet, so the more he is on, the more you will produce.

Sorry it isnt going as you hoped - but this is the most difficult time now - if you can get through it, it only gets easier! :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:45 am

:aww: mama
Keep him close at all the time, even if he is not feeding; you can carry him in sling all day and just let him nurse whenever he canand have hands free for other kids Wink
You are doing everything you can, only persistence and patience will do now!
I would pump also in between feedings and save what you get. Do you have LC or IBCLC close by? I'm not sure how it works in Canada; but if you are really cut short Paula, Carol and JEanine at KellyMom are Wink
I am SO PROUD of you Lindsay. :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum