Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other people's breast milk

+6
jimmer73
Helen
piesmummy2006
emmiesmummy
kay
gem1981
10 posters

Go down

Other people's breast milk Empty Other people's breast milk

Post by gem1981 Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:39 am

I cannot wait to watch this tonight, but I must say I'm getting wound up by the comments made by people.
On Friday a woman who works with my dad felt the need to ring me up and say 'I'm not going to beat around the bush.....blah blah....would you feed someone else's baby......blah blah......I think it's disgusting....'
I was really annoyed that she'd gone out of her way to ask me this for a few reasons:
1. She said she thinks its disgusting
2. She seems to think women who breastfeed are exactly the same with the same views, like a cult or something!
Personally, if there was an extreme situation I would feed someone else's baby. I wouldn't if it was a case of the mother wanted to go to work, or just pop out etc, but if it was an extreme situation, like the chinese policewoman, yes I would. And I really dont see it as disgusting, not for me really, but I wouldnt say disgusting.
Sorry to rant, but had to get it out!!

Ps. Why cant they do a programme about the wonderful aspects of breastfeeding? Why is it every time breastfeeding is on the telly, its in a contraversiol (sp?) situation??

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Other people's breast milk Empty Re: Other people's breast milk

Post by kay Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 am

completely agree with you there Gem - my thoughts exactly.

There is a section on donating milk on it tonight too - so ill be interested in that too.

I agree too that when they do do something like this it has to be contaversial - therefore giving thoses that dont like bf more ammunition!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:02 pm

they had 2 mums on Lorraine Kelly this morning who did this & they were :boob: during the interview, they were best friends & 1 had to go into hospital at 6 weeks & her best friend who was like a sister offered to help rather than babe be put on bottles. I think its the whole sex = boob thing again people see it as perverted No , i wouldnt offer to my neighbour if she were going shopping or a party but if my sister & i had babes together & there was the need no it wouldnt bother me to do it or have her feed Em. We know each other well (obviously) know our health status,diet that we dont drink smoke do drugs etc...
I bet if you could buy freshly pumped :boob: milk in Tesco people would buy it .(bottled of course)
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:06 pm

forgot to say that the mums were breastfeeding toddlers not wee babes on the show,well done to them & LK for showing (not all would)
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:32 pm

lol just made a post about this lol xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:51 pm

just found that clip you were on about jane! i've not watched it yet though

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=24657&iframe=roo&channel=GMTV%20Highlights
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 pm

did you all watch. xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:13 am

I watched half of it last night and half this morning.
In all honesty, I watched half last night and it pi**ed me off so I went to bed, but I'm glad I watched the other half this morning. What annoyed me last night was the woman who feeds other people's babies, the one who hadn't got children of her own, and she was saying she got a sexual feeling from it. Which annoyed me as I thought it was giving amunition to all the ani-breastfeeding people out there who already think we're all weirdo's.
I think it made me see that I couldn't let anyone else feed Daisy, I enjoy being the only one who can feed her, and I see it as 'our thing' I suppose. If you know what I mean?
I thought the woman who fed the two orphans was great, and I like to think I could do the same thing if it came to it.
It still winds me up that they can't do a programme about breastfeeding that isnt contraversial. I've been out this morning and have seen a couple of old work colleagues who said they watched it and thought it was horrible. I think programmes like this are not helping to promote breastfeeding at all.
Anyway, thats my thoughts on it.

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmer73 Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:51 pm

http://www.channel4.com/video/other-peoples-breast-milk/catchup.html

This is the link to the whole programme. I thought it was a very good documentary.

jimmer73

Female Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:35 pm

It was better than i thought it would be - but like you say Gem - cant believe they aired what that one woman said! Evil or Very Mad
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:59 pm

I remember there was a program done on C4 called "Costa Crime" and the way they edited and interviewed some people it made it seem that there were muggers, rapists, murderers waiting for you on every corner here... but its rubbish... here has no more crime than a similar sized town in the UK.

I think C4 did exactly the same again.. they took a comment and placed it out of context or specifically got such a person in order to highlight the sexual component of breastfeeding, which is wrong.

These types of programs only serve to put women off breastfeeding... like gem1981 said... it makes people think we are all part of this breastfeeding "cult"... c4 have just made a terrible terrible mistake, and babies health will suffer for it Sad
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:52 pm

It was better than i expected too.
I do think C4 have made a huge mistake. Really crap editing, i think i may complain. It did make breastfeeding look strange.

I made my hubby watch, this was a mistake. He said things like all women breastfeeding are hippies and weirdos. He also said i have to stop at 6 months. I told him i had no plans to stop at 6 months.

Its really annoyed me, although this may have been my hubby reaction.
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 pm

yeah i thought it was not made very well and that woman was so silly to say that sure you know what i mean

Gem
I thought it was giving amunition to all the ani-breastfeeding people out there who already think we're all weirdo's.

i agree too !

the woman in africa was amazing tho did it say she got death scares of people afther she did it?!
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmer73 Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:25 am

I personally thought the programme was very well made and came across as pro-breastfeeding especially extended bf.

The conclusions that Kate Garraway came to were very pro bf and only strengthened the cause for extended bf. She is after all a celebrity and "shock horror" she is going to bf longer than one year with her next child, plus she drank another woman's breastmilk, plus she concluded that she would be comfortable bf a baby that was not her own.

The ladies who were shown on the prgogramme bf were IMO perfectly "normal" people. I didn't see them as weirdo hippies at all. The lady with the four and five year old who were tandem nursing was so "ordinary".

The lady with the "sexual feelings" comment was rather disturbing, I admit. However that was what she said and felt, and like any documentary, they should show the facts. I thought Kate did a good job in making her out as "strange" and I think her comments were pretty much dismissed.

Overall I thought the documentary was not sensationalist but came across as a serious piece of documentary film-making that was must certainly pro-breastfeeding.

jimmer73

Female Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Yeah I thought it was pro breastfeeding, just wasn't keen on the Whole "sexual" comment, kinda riuned the program in my opinion
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Breastfeeding is connected to sexual in a roundabout way. B/c the womb and the breast naturally have a connection with each other. It totally natural.

I wasn't bothered by the Colombian woman's comment b/c I knew what she was trying to say and she self-lactated and wasn't pregnant so the connection on what was going on between her womb and her breasts must have been very strong. It wasn't the Colombian woman fault, her English wasn't good either, so I forgive her. In fact, I thought she was very honest. I felt the programme could have at least professionally straighten out what she was really trying to say to the uneducated public. They made her look kinda perverted and she WASN'T!

See this

http://www.breast-feeding-information.com/sexual-reaction-to-breastfeeding.php
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down