Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any tips?

+4
angpixi
gem1981
kay
clairelana
8 posters

Go down

Any tips? Empty Any tips?

Post by clairelana Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Kaydi keeps grabbing a handful of my breast and twisting and pulling it it and it really hurts. I've tried feeding beads which work for a short while i 've tried giving her things to hold and pulling my top down.
She also pushes my breast away from her quite hard with my nipple still in her mouth which also hurts.
Any tips on how to stop her? do you think she will just stop with time?

should i tie her hands behind her back......lol Joking.

Claire
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Any tips? Empty Re: Any tips?

Post by kay Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Corey is the same - like you say, the distractions work for a short time!

Im also awaiting the 'miracle cure'..................... :p:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Daisy does exactly the same, and punches me too. I just hold her hand and she stops it.

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:51 pm

me too! willow nips me under the arm and slaps when she feeds! one of the syptoms of bf im afraid Laughing
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:07 pm

ahh well, just thought i'd ask.
clairelana
clairelana

Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Bethany does this aswell! I have so many scratchs on my boobs lol. OMG adam noticed a big bruise on one of my boobs the other day it was more on the underside of it on the inside of one of them iykwim? it is still there and was black bigger than a 50p and he said that in the middle of the noise i made a wierd noise like i was in pain so we are assuming bethany did it the little bugger Laughing
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:04 am

Yeah, babies can be nasty!

My oldest daughter was lovely breastfeeder, she never hurt me. But my currant BFG daughter is a right little so and so, she pinches me with her fore finger and thumb all the time and it hurts!!

I have found anything to stop it! Sorry. :iconsad:
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 pm

My Shark Boy is the same, especially the pushing my breast away whilst yanking on my nipple!!

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:01 pm

I think i'm going to start dressing Kaydi in baby grows with fold over cuffs! This is the only way i can stop her from grabbing and pinching me.
Awwwwweeee I know it could be worse. Just moaning again.......lol
clairelana
clairelana

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:51 pm

lil miss does this.. her favourite atm is biting with her teeth or pinching the aerola flesh with her nails... It makes me shout in pain and scare her silly too Sad
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down