Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolls with bottles

+3
clairelana
Natasha
Helen
7 posters

Go down

Dolls with bottles Empty Dolls with bottles

Post by Helen Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:08 pm

Some of the family will be buying bethany dolls for her birthday (11th dec) & christmas. Just wandering what you all do about dolls bottles? Do you just accept that it is a toy? Or i was thinking of putting a sticker on it saying something that Mummy milk or a quote someone said on here once about mummys milk being best from a bottle or breast? Laughing
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Dolls with bottles Empty Re: Dolls with bottles

Post by Natasha Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:09 pm

I would ditch the bottle myself, but the mummy milk idea is good Very Happy
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:24 pm

I was thinking about this the other day. It was Lana's birthday and she got a doll with a bottle. I quite hard to take the bottle off her as she has a bottle of cows milk every morning and night. I really want her to learn that it is best to breastfeed.
She does try to breast feed her iggle piggle but i've never seen her try with the doll. I know she proberly wont remember when she is older. I want to teach her young.....lol
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:49 pm

clairelana wrote: She does try to breast feed her iggle piggle

It is so cute when they copy you when you're :boob: isnt it?! My 4 year old niece :boob: her dolls sometimes and i love it :lovey:
Helen
Helen

Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 pm

awwwwww :lovey:
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:15 am

My 2 nieces are fascinated by me breastfeeding their cousin - they were both bottlefed from birth, but I don't know if they have ever tried to bf their dolls! However, their dad has a new girlfriend who has a 2.5 yo who is just starting to wean! It's really lovely as DH's family are very formula is as good as BM and think I'm a bit weird for bfing! So it's nice that there is someone who thinks I'm doing a good thing!

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:17 am

how about replacing it with a sippy cup? Wink
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 pm

kay wrote:how about replacing it with a sippy cup? Wink

good idea! :aww:
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:04 pm

I threw my daughters' dolls bottles away and got a sippy cup instead. B/c I think it's wrong to force a bottle feeding baby role model onto a child when clearly the breast is best.
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down