Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me why this is a bad idea...

+4
Natasha
gem1981
Helen
Drusilla
8 posters

Go down

Tell me why this is a bad idea... Empty Tell me why this is a bad idea...

Post by Drusilla Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:41 pm

Shark Boy hasn't slept through the night once. He goes to bed after a feed at 7pm, then wakes up sometime around 10:30 (sometimes a bit later), then he will wake up another 2 more times before we get up.
Now I am back at work I'm feeling the strain pale
I want to continue bfing but I'm just so tired!
I actually considered giving ds some cereal at bedtime to see if that would help him sleep longer - he will not take a bottle.

I didn't by the way, I think it may be a bad idea, but am so tempted!!

If anyone has some more sane ideas to help my boy drop a night feed that would be very helpful! I can cope with one wake up, but only getting 2-3 hour stretches of sleep is really taking it's toll :iconsad:

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Tell me why this is a bad idea... Empty Re: Tell me why this is a bad idea...

Post by Helen Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:11 pm

bethany has only slept through once. i'm not back at work yet so it doesnt affect me thank god lol. co-sleeping helps me - do you co-sleep? :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Sometimes,but he often feeds even more frequently and fusses alot when we co-sleep! Going to try it tonight though as I am so tired!

Drusilla

Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 am

How did it go?

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Olivia didn't start sleeping better until after the age of 1.

It isn't unusual, I do think that co-sleeping was my life saver during the first year.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:16 pm

The co-sleeping was a bad idea No

He just kept waking up demanding a feed, kept latching on and pulling off and crying and after 2-3 hours of this I ended up transferring him back to his cot at 3.30, and he slept through until 6am!

What I would like to do is to drop the 10pm feed and just around 1-2am. He has slept through to this sort of time before on odd occasions but not in the last couple of weeks.

Drusilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Could he be teething at the moment hun? which is what is distrupting his routine?

Through out breastfeeding, especialy in the first year is hard, tiring and very demanding.

There will be times of resbite and times of having a newborn again, I know its no consilation but what you are experiencing is very normal, unfortuanly for alot of us we are not as lucky as some Mummies who have little dreamers who sleep all night!

Oli still even after finishing breastfeeding goes through this same pattern, even now!

I know your very tierd, I have been there as we all have, but your doing a very good job hun, you shoudl be very proud of yourself :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:04 am

Thanks, Natasha! Yes he is in the process of cutting top and bottom incisors :omg!:

He has been doing for a couple of weeks now. His first tooth started to appear over 2 weeks ago, how long does it take before it is completely out, do you know?

Drusilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:44 am

Depends could take anything from weeks to a couple of days. Sometimes the emerging tooth decides to take a rest and stops growing for a while!

I don't think there's any point in introducing cereal b/c it sound like that Sharkboy is just BFG for comfort anyway.

Hang in there, I know it's hard especially if you have to go back to work. All I can advise is baby painkillers at bedtime.
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:49 am

Have you tried Ashtons teething powders?
They help settle a restless baby when teething - they are working wonders for Corey (alongside his anber teething necklace!)
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:06 am

yes great stuff!!! xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:34 pm

We're already using it... hasn't made much of a difference.

Oh well, if I weren't breastfeeding, I could be spending half the night pacing up and down trying to sooth him back to sleep!

At least I can just feed him and he settles straight away!

Drusilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Well this past week, Shark Boy's sleeping has improved - he has been sleeping from 7pm through to Midnight-1am, then sometimes waking up once before getting up for the day at 5-6am.

However last night he shocked the life out of me because he slept through from 7pm to 6am! :omg!:

Sadly I didn't I lay away for ages waiting for him to wake up before I went back to sleep!!! I even went and checked on him twice! Embarassed

I don't think'll he repeat it...

Drusilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Aww lol!

I remember doing that, they finaly sleep and you don't Razz

I can reccomend another teething product and thats new era teething tablets.

They are holistic and have worked very well with Oli.

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/921654_New_Era_For_Infants__Teething_Pains__450_tablets.html
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:45 am

lol its strange isnt it you want them to sleep thro but when they do you spend all night awake worrying.

Mollie is still up and down in the night, bear with it hun things will impprove.
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:05 pm

Well we've gone down the baby nurofen route tonight after a couple of awful nights, definitely his gums have started bothering him again, poor lamb :iconsad:
Got the Nelson's teetha, anbusol, calpol and baby nurofen at the ready!

Drusilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Hope it all works, and you have had a better night's sleep. There's nothing you can do really except smooth the way for them with all the equipment you have got to help. :cosleep2:
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:22 am

Well he didn't do too badly Sunday, not happy firsthalf of the night he ended up having 2 doses of nurofen, but rest of the night he was much better. Last night he did very well, woke at 11pm for dummy, and just after midnight and 3.30 for :boob:
He is still asleep now so think I will have to wake him!!

Drusilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down