Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contraception whilst breastfeeding..

+3
Kasia80
kay
sinfulskin
7 posters

Go down

Contraception whilst breastfeeding.. Empty Contraception whilst breastfeeding..

Post by sinfulskin Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:18 pm

We are using the so far effective withdraw method as Im a bit reluctant to take stuff when bf.. condoms are expensive and with the credit crunch I cant quite justify £2 a shag when it could be buying food. What contraception do you use if any? or are you playing dangerously like me affraid ..mind you if an accident were to occur I wouldnt be dissapointed .. if I felt as though I would I might be playing it safer.
sinfulskin
sinfulskin

Female Number of posts : 26
Tell us about yourself : About you:Full time nursing mummy
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Contraception whilst breastfeeding.. Empty Re: Contraception whilst breastfeeding..

Post by kay Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Im living it your way hun!

Tried the mini-pill, which left me grumpy and gaining weight, condoms leave me feeling itchy, and like you say - too expensive!

I will probably have to find a better method, as our sex life seems to be getting back on track now, but happy like this for now!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Contraception whilst breastfeeding.. Empty Re: Contraception whilst breastfeeding..

Post by Kasia80 Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:02 pm

you can get free condoms from family planing clinc and free contraception also.
http://www.contraceptivechoices.co.uk/
http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/birthcontrol.html
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sinfulskin Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:52 am

oo kay I know that itchy feeling .. has anyone tried a cap or diaphragm?
Free condoms!! can I just pop in and ask?
sinfulskin
sinfulskin

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkypie Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi hun that made me laugh so much, you obviously have a fab way with words. Anyway back to the q, I'm the same as you, although o/h says he doesn't want anymore. :wm:
pinkypie
pinkypie

Female Number of posts : 34
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:14 pm

They just throw condoms at you in the Family planning clinics. I have the same issues with condoms though. Apparently its a form of a mild latex allergy. Or friction burn Wink
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:16 pm

yeah, with family planning clinics, you literally walk in off the street and they will give you condoms. I registered with mine, they gave me a little card, and i can go anytime - they are good with all contraception advice. but you literrally just get a bag of condoms off the receptionist!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by sinfulskin Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:54 pm

well holy sheath I never knew Surprised .. I feel Ive beaten the credit crunch or at least given it a punch in the face.
sinfulskin
sinfulskin

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:08 am

when james ( not often lol ) was lucky we used the pull out as well and used condoms sometimes. We also used my cycle too, we just never did it around ov.
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:40 am

Me and hubby weren't using anything either, but low and behold i got caught pregnant (really pleased though) but be careful you ladies who do not want another babino, Apparently there is some condoms available that are latex free i understand, not sure if these are available from family planning tho.
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:03 am

sinfulskin wrote:well holy sheath I never knew Surprised .. I feel Ive beaten the credit crunch or at least given it a punch in the face.

:haha:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkypie Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:30 pm

sinfulskin wrote:well holy sheath I never knew Surprised .. I feel Ive beaten the credit crunch or at least given it a punch in the face.

:pml: :pml: :cheer:
pinkypie
pinkypie

Female Number of posts : 34
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down