Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

am i selfish?

+2
Pink Rose
claireea
6 posters

Go down

am i selfish? Empty am i selfish?

Post by claireea Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:29 pm

i have been breast feeding for 4 months and i love it although i also feel like i have not got much socal life as baby doesn't like bottles so can,t leave her for long. I have been invited out at the weekend with a friend who has a baby same age as mine but said no because of the feeding situation. it would also be nice to have a drink at christmas this year with family and friends does any one else feel the same or am i being selfish? x

claireea

Number of posts : 37
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

am i selfish? Empty Re: am i selfish?

Post by Pink Rose Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:48 pm

No I don't think you are being selfish for wanting a odd drink at a festive time! It's natural, it be OK to treat yourself to a tipple on Christmas day - I do! It is after all Christmas!

And I do honestly think that if you did go out for hours all night with your friend, knowing that your baby would be screaming out for you - yes that would be selfish. My sister did this to her baby and has regretted it ever since, her poor hubby who was baby-sitting was at his wits end! And my sister isn't even BFG!

However I think it's all right to go out for just for hour or even 2 leaving your fully fed satisfied 'happy' baby in safe hands as long as you get back on time and when you are called to come home.

Or perhaps you can arrange an other sort of night out, have all your friends and their babies round your house for the evening for some festive fun instead?

:aww:
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I think it is all down to your personal lifestyle to be honest.
I didnt go out much before having Corey, so I dont miss it now. We had an hour at the pub the other night - its only at the end of the road, but it was nice to get out for an hour. My personal thoughts -but this is for MY situation - is I had the chances to go out before having kids, and i will have the chance in the future. To go for a year or 2 out of my life with limited alcohol and social occassions that only involve the kids isnt a big issue to me.

I could say I feel you are being selfish, but that would be wrong because I dont know you, or your lifestyle. I do know that you have been completely unselfish by giving your baby the best start possible :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by claireea Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:01 pm

most of the time it doesn't bother me just having an off day i think i worry my friends will stop asking if i keep saying no but will try pink rose's suggestion, thanks x

claireea

Number of posts : 37
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:04 pm

:aww:

I think we all get those days - and sometimes you do feel like life is passing you by.
I just keep reminding myself what a wonderful thing I am doing for my baby, and that I will NEVER get this time back again.
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:49 pm

I think we all feel like this now and again, i used to go out quite
often before Emily was born & now and again Dave & I think we
are tied to the house but we see how great she is doing & its not
forever. I miss the company more than anything, we have stopped being
invited to friends who dont have kids as its always a no kids drinking
afair, and find we have made new friends with kids and take it in turns
to go to each others (kids in tow) for take away & a film or game.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:27 pm

I always got moments I felt like that, even now when I am not breastfeeding I get those moments.

Its perfectly normal to want a break every now and then, and it wont hurt to have a glass or two at Christmas either!

Very Happy
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:20 pm

I no how you feel hun. I am supposed to be going out this weekend for a friends birthday (limo and the lot lol). She asked me months and months ago and i said yes because i thought bethany may be ok to be left with hubby for the night.

But to be honest now its so close i just have to let her down because i no how dependant on me that bethany is, especially for bedtime. I still :boob: her to sleep and i no that if i go out she will scream and cry so much. Also, during the night when she wakes the only thing that settles her is cuddling up with her mummy in bed and suckling on my boobies lol. I dont think it would be fair to her at the minute for me to go out. :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum