Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donating milk

4 posters

Go down

Donating milk Empty Donating milk

Post by clairelana Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:32 pm

I've noticed a few of you ladies donate your milk.
I've been thinking about it for a while. Unfortunatly the wouldn't take my milk as i smoked. I have stopped now for 2 months so i have decided to donate. I'm abit close to the 6 month mark but they said they will take my milk. They are sending out all the stuff in the post. They seem to want me to donate for as long as possible. Its great. No preasure either they said if i change my mind just to let them know.
I'm looking forward to it coming so i can get started. Can't wait to help.
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Donating milk Empty Re: Donating milk

Post by kay Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:36 am

Brilliant Claire! :aww:

The motto is every drop counts - they really are just grateful for what they can get!
I was a little worried, as i didnt think i was producing enough, so i had a chat with them, but they are just grateful i am doing it, and that i am passing the word on (I managed to get them another 2 ladies from BF group).
I do struggle to find time sometimes - but i pump once or twice a day at a time i know its quiet (usually after lunch). Some days can pump 1/2 ounce, somedays 7! lol!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:59 am

The motto is every drop counts but the hospital closest to me will only accept 20 bottles! I dont know if its becauseI'm quite a way away but that's all they'll take. It's really annoying as it's going against the motto.

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:20 am

I already exress before i go to bed and i used to get up after 4/5 am feed. I think i will start to get up again. Or perhaps i will try to find a time I can do it in the day.
My husband was a bit worried when i told him i was going to start donating. He said what if you don't have enough for Kaydi. I explained i was going to give the milk i would usually freeze.

He doesn't really like me still feeding, I think this is confirming to him that i'm not stopping. He said i was wierd. Men hey!......well my man.....lol.

Looking forward to starting
clairelana
clairelana

Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:23 am

I'm out of area for my closest milk bank. They have out of area pick up once a month. They havent said they have a minimum collection amount. I think they have a couple of people in my area donating. I'd like to find out who, I know its not anyone at my local groups.
clairelana
clairelana

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:19 pm

gem1981 wrote:The motto is every drop counts but the hospital closest to me will only accept 20 bottles! I dont know if its becauseI'm quite a way away but that's all they'll take. It's really annoying as it's going against the motto.

:omg!: well i never have 20 bottles - so i wouldnt be able to do it if that was the expectation here. It is time consuming for me as i dont express for Corey, so i think they should be grateful for anything! :iconredface:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:51 pm

I donated my milk. It was tough but I am so proud of myself for doing it.
beanie
beanie

Female Number of posts : 136
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to a blue eyed Star and a brown eyed Cuddlebug
Your mood today : Content
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down