Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bed vs cot

4 posters

Go down

bed vs cot Empty bed vs cot

Post by emmiesmummy Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Emily goes to bed in the evening in her cot but then wakes at midnight & comes in with us for the rest of the night. I dont think she likes her cot at all & wondered how early you can put them in a toddler bed. I think she will still come in with us at some point in the night but want to get her used to her room & her bed as want her to be in there all night before she is two.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

bed vs cot Empty Re: bed vs cot

Post by ldnug Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Does she have a nightlight. We found this with my eldest - he went to sleep well with his lullaby nightlight but if he awoke in the night and it was dark he was upset - we invested in a nightlight and he was much better. Emily has a winnie the pooh night light that she can turn on herself (a shame that I then hear winnie the pooh singing in my ear at 2.30am!) Emily has always been more self sufficient and this has worked with her. It may be worth trying before a bed?
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Tia was in her own big girl bed (couldn't afford a toddler bed then a big bed) when she was 11 months old. She could climb out of her cot at that age, and I felt it was too dangerous for her to stay in the cot. She was fine.. We got a guard rail and unless she was being silly, like jumping on the bed when she shouldn't be, she never fell out and hurt herself badly. Smile
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Fri May 01, 2009 7:16 pm

i think they officially say 18 month for a toddler bed with a guard rail up. but then i have heard if like squiglet's little one that if they are able to climb out then cots might not be safe then and u shouldnt turn into a bed. my neighbours little boy hated his cot and he was about emilys age when she turned it into bed and now he sleeps through. she let him help her take the rails down on the cotbed to turn it into cot and he threw himself straight on the bed when it was ready and he loved it Laughing
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum