Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Here

+6
Natasha
jools
angpixi
kay
emmiesmummy
tncl08
10 posters

Go down

New Here Empty New Here

Post by tncl08 Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Hello :newhere: . My name is Catie. I am a first time mom. My daughter Isabel is just a little peach! She is 6 months old. Her daddy is in Iraq right now. So things are hard for us right now. I had breastfed my daughter for almost 5 months. I had stopped for a little while due to the moving issue and I was really distracted and had to pack and move on my own. (VERY stressful may I say.)

Now I would like to relactate with the help of medication but the whole thing about that is I need insurance to go to a doctor.. :iconsad: So here I am WISHING I could start pumping again... So I will start my journey to TRY again and hopefully have some success through support and medical means. If an adoptive mother do it so can I...
tncl08
tncl08

Female Number of posts : 17
Tell us about yourself : I breastfed my baby girl for 5 months!
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-18

http://www.myspace.com/kaytee8607

Back to top Go down

New Here Empty Re: New Here

Post by emmiesmummy Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi Catie & welcome to the forum, im no expert in re-lactation but i know it can be done. We have had mums on here before who have tried & succeded. You need to establish skin to skin contact alot & bathing together is a great way to do this,keep offering the breast even if shes not interested t begin with ,Make sure your eating well especially things like oats & others may suggest a supplement called fenugreek. The resident experts will be along soon & will point you in the right direction,theres also a site called Kellymom that has a whole section of advice on re-laction so you may want to look there also.

Good luck & well done in making 6 months under the pressure you were under & lets hope you may re-start & continue :boob:
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tncl08 Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Thank you so much! It is hard with her refusing to even be cradled. It will take some time but I am going to try
tncl08
tncl08

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:17 pm

👋 Hello and welcome!

Things must be real tough on you - well done, you deserve a medal! :aww:

ditto to all that Jane said, especially the skin to skin - naked cuddles and baths all the way! again as Jane said - Kellymom.com has some great relactation advice - i will get you a link in a minute!

I would start pumping asap, when i was in hospital they advised a new mum of a prem baby in SCBU 8 times minimum in 24 hours, regardless of what you get out!

It CAN be done, like you say, one of the hardest factors is relatching baby as opposed to re-producing milk!

let us know how you get on :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tncl08 Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:53 pm

Thank you ladies so much! I did hop in the bath with Isabel and we had a nice bubble bath. I had to wash some spit up off me anyway. Well I got her settled and started to wash her hair. She wanted to fall asleep. I was holding her and brought her to my breast and she did latch on for like a few seconds. She would stop and just look at my breast like, "ok so umm are you going to work?" Laughing I expressed a few drops and she saw it and then wanted to go and nurse again, but she got frustrated that there was nothing comming out like she wanted to.

Then for her nap I was feeding her without my top on and had a warm bottle for her and she rested her cheek on me and drank until she became a little drousy. She latched on and dozed off. So sounds like she wants to nurse BUT she knows that I have an extremely low low supply.

I cut out the regular bottles and started to use the bottles I had used with her when she was a newborn because it is shaped like the breast, flows like the breast, and even moves like the breast.

So we are starting off on the skin to skin, so far so good, and then we will go from there, i am trying to get her to relax in my arms again
tncl08
tncl08

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:25 pm

wow thats fab! there is milk there and she is prepared to latch - 1/2 way there!
keep trying her, keep up the skin to skin, and keep pumping - its supply and demand, so the more you stimulate, the more you will produce!

:aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tncl08 Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:53 pm

I am this means I need to drink so much more water than I do now.. I have to keep on it.. 2qts before bed tonight with 3 fenugreek and a cup of mothers milk tea
tncl08
tncl08

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 am

hello and welcome 👋 :aww: :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:33 am

Hello and welcome to the forum :aww:
It sounds like you are doing great :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:23 pm

:aww: Welcome!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm

👋 👋 Hello and Welcome.. I relactated with my yougest but she was very little at the time Sad
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:40 am

hi and welcome 👋 :aww:
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KylieDavis Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:37 am

:nowttoadd: but no, really, what kind of bottle? I've been hunting.
when she was a newborn because it is shaped like the breast, flows like the breast, and even moves like the breast.
:gdluck:
KylieDavis
KylieDavis

Female Number of posts : 46
Tell us about yourself : Mother to a beautiful 10 month old girl.
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:18 am

Just wanted to say well done for getting to 6 months!

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum