Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playtex Drop ins?

4 posters

Go down

Playtex Drop ins? Empty Playtex Drop ins?

Post by callmealunatic Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:32 pm

im new here. i just joined today, so im not sure if im posting in the righ spot...

but i was wondering what everyone thought of the Playtex drop in bottles?
my babys due this sept and have read on a bunch of other sites that support breastfeeding that they are one of the best.
im just wondering what your thoughts were on them.

also if you use them ive read that some moms just use the same bag that they have stored their milk in for the bottle instead of buying the drop ins.
has anyone done this?
callmealunatic
callmealunatic

Female Number of posts : 12
Tell us about yourself : im 25 yrs old, i have a three yr old son who was a preemie and had to stay in the hospital for three wks beofe he was allowed to come home. I pumed for three months but in the end breastfeeding didnt work out for us.

now im pregnant with my second son due in sept. and i am determined to breastfeed him, so im looking for support and advice from experience mothers.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Playtex Drop ins? Empty Re: Playtex Drop ins?

Post by gingerpig Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:05 pm

No idea sorry, why do you think you will need them?

gingerpig

Female Number of posts : 38
Tell us about yourself : I'm 38 and a SAHM. My daughter was born 10th Feb 2007 and my son born 28th Jan 2009. I am tandem feeding them and am a breast feedinghelper with the BfN. I had big problems feeding DD at first, but now it couldn't be going better Smile
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://gingerpiggy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:27 pm

Well I have tried the "breast flow" you can try them for free

http://www.breastflow.co.uk/

Lottie was quite happy too until Olivia pinched it and drank the booby milk Razz

Saying that though I see you had your son early last time so you are more at 'risk' of a premature birth, saying that you may go to full term.

I wouldn't worry too much about what type of bottle you get, I presume your getting them incase you have your next baby early?
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by callmealunatic Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:13 am

unfortunatly i cant get the free sample bottle :iconsad: because im in the US and it says UK only.

yes, i have the bottles incase i need them, like if i get sick or have to be away from him for any amount of time. i dont have any formula or anything in the house. i wont allow it.

i dont plan to even give him a bottle if at all until hes three months old.
callmealunatic
callmealunatic

Tell us about yourself : im 25 yrs old, i have a three yr old son who was a preemie and had to stay in the hospital for three wks beofe he was allowed to come home. I pumed for three months but in the end breastfeeding didnt work out for us.

now im pregnant with my second son due in sept. and i am determined to breastfeed him, so im looking for support and advice from experience mothers.

Back to top Go down

Post by KylieDavis Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:57 am

Honestly i would say to wait and see what works. My sister breastfed and when she had to return to work, she used the drop ins and they worked great. The reason i say wait is because those are what i planned on using but I'm not right now, so now i have all these bottles I'm not using. lol Neutral My daughter in her first few weeks had lots of trouble getting the right latch. she didn't like opening her tiny mouth. She gets confused easily when i use a different position with her now too. So my suggestion is to wait and see. I now use adiri bottles which work great other than flowing too fast for her, and she doesn't seem to get any nipple confusion.

On the using the same bag thing, what kind of bags would you use? That sounds like a money saver. Thats another cool thing about the adiri is that theirs 3 parts and no bag. Easy Very Happy
KylieDavis
KylieDavis

Female Number of posts : 46
Tell us about yourself : Mother to a beautiful 10 month old girl.
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by callmealunatic Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:35 am

the bottles were given to me by somoene who didnt need them anymore.

and i had previously liked the lansinoh storage bags, so ill probably be going with those again.
callmealunatic
callmealunatic

Back to top Go down

Post by KylieDavis Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:56 am

well thats cool i use those. Neutral replace the nipples silent (sorry my sister is dumb about that. makes me nervous)
KylieDavis
KylieDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by callmealunatic Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:17 am

still pregnant.

our dishwasher ha a sanatise cycle, so i ran them through that.. after soaking them in a mixture of warm water little bleach and a little dawn.

and i actually got the playtex manual pump that attachest to these bottles, dropin or airvent. pretty excited about that.
callmealunatic
callmealunatic

Back to top Go down

Post by KylieDavis Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:30 pm

i didnt know playtex made pumps. Im still using the Medela hand pump the hospital gave me (that leaks :wtf?!: ) what is your due date you've got to be close.
KylieDavis
KylieDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by callmealunatic Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 pm

sept 17th.

yes they make pumps. the one i have is the handheld manual one.
i dont know how well it will work though. i just thought it wass great that it goes to the drop in bottles as well. makes life a little easyier for quick pumps if i want to use the milk soon, all in the same bottle.

i had the avent isis my first pregnancy... i LOVED it.
callmealunatic
callmealunatic

Back to top Go down

Post by KylieDavis Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:49 am

Yea i have the isis to. it leaks too Mad lol I would use the drop ins but little kylie gets confused.
Oh man 3 days! i was a day early. But its a boy so by the sounds of it hopefully he'll be late. You going natural?
KylieDavis
KylieDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by callmealunatic Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:45 pm

i cant, hes breeched. and so was my last son, i had a csection with him. if he wasnt breeched id go for a Vback, but i dont want to take the chance otherwise.
callmealunatic
callmealunatic

Back to top Go down

Post by KylieDavis Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:11 am

Oh man that sucks. i wonder how differently a breached baby feels as compared to a baby facing the right way you know. I didn't have much of a option with Kylie she was born in 2 hours and i was in early labor for 2 weeks but didn't realize it until looking back at it lol. I got Tylenol for her lol. But to get back on topic, if you do have any breastfeeding complications consider this bottle. I think it is great and really simple as far as bottle feeding goes. (lol i hate bottles)Its like 12 bucks and so simple. http://www.adiri.com/
KylieDavis
KylieDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by KylieDavis Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:16 am

So hows the baby? I can't imagine your still pregnant. So i had my oral surgery yesterday and we had the worst time getting her to take a bottle of breast milk. (Cannot breast feed after anesthesia for a few days) We were using the Adiri Natural Nurser and she just wouldn't have it. So we decided to try the drop ins and believe it or not the little turd loved them! It took her missing almost 3 feedings but she thought that was some pretty good stuff! (Brat!) :rolllaugh: But now shes a bit frustrated with me because she doesn't understand why I'm not feeding her Sad so i let her take a fun long bath. Problem solved. Silly little girl.
KylieDavis
KylieDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down