Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :(

Go down

default UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :(

Post by Helen on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:01 pm

well, bethany dropped her morning feeds about a month ago apart from having it once or twice. so was just having it at night. but over the last 2/3 weeks she's only fed 3 times from me at night. seems like she isnt interested anymore.

i'm so emotional at the minute - none of my friends or family seem to understand tbh cos none of them have breastfed and whenever i say i'm getting all upset (pregnancy hormones not helping UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Icon_lol ) then all i get from them is well she's growing up now so its obvious she's gonna stop.

just getting me a bit teary UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 166292

dont get me wrong, i am so proud of us getting so far, 22 months is so much more than i thought we'd get to when we first started but its like she's growing up and getting all independant UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Icon_lol

its just doing my head in thinking what i in a few week she decides she wants to start feeding again? how long does it take for my milk to go?

helen UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469

Last edited by Helen on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

default Re: UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :(

Post by angpixi on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:37 pm

youre bound to feel emotional about it (especially with pg hormones!) its a very emotional time UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469i do think it takes quite a while for milk to 'dry up' not sure if prgnancy makes a difference though. she could just be going through a disinterested phase mind you? just take it one step at a time and follow her lead, shes at an active age when everything else is a distraction! Willow has increased her feeding since Aeryn went to school- could be boredom or because shes missing her- but before then she was loosing interest.
22 months is fantastic too!
UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469 UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:59 pm

:aww: Lots of hugs! You're great mama, Helen!
She might want boobie again when baby is born Wink
:aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:05 pm

thanks so much girls
so do you think in a week if she tried again she'd still be able to get something? thats my worry too UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469
Helen
Helen

Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:23 am

I think if she wanted it and it wasnt there it wouldnt be such an issue to her as she only feeds every now and then, but I dont know how pregnancy would affect your supply.
I think she will more than likely want a bit again when her little brother comes along, but it will probably just be a novelty to start off with.

Well done on 22 months hunny! UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469
and you can very proudly say she self weaned too, so its been nice and gradual with no upset!

UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Cdcd6cdeUPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( _MG_2700-1UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( _MG_2931-1UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Lamlamabu20100902_-8_Frankie+is
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jools on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:36 am

UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469 Awwwwwwwwww hun I know exactly how you feel. Brody gradually had less and less then refused altogether once I was about 17 weeks pregnant too. The hormones definately don't help how you are feeling UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469

You have done so well UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Icon_cheers As Kay says, if she tries again in a few days I doubt there will be nothing at all there UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469 but if she isn't getting much she will probably not be too fussed if she is hardly having any now anyway.

Brody only asked for it once when Colby arrived but he changed his mind as soon as I sat down UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Icon_lol
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Apparently pregnancy can affect to taste of the milk and many people I know who were bfing, then get pregnant often notice that their LO's go off feeding. You've done amazingly well... Its always sad when our LO move on up in the world... I know I'll be a bubbling mess when Lil miss stops.
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:52 am

Squiglet wrote:Apparently pregnancy can affect to taste of the milk and many people I know who were bfing, then get pregnant often notice that their LO's go off feeding. You've done amazingly well... Its always sad when our LO move on up in the world... I know I'll be a bubbling mess when Lil miss stops.

yup and pregnancy hormones can stop production too.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 am

Helen wrote:thanks so much girls
so do you think in a week if she tried again she'd still be able to get something? thats my worry too UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 68469

I'd think so, Helen. Takes longer for milk to dry up. :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:58 pm

thanks so much everyone!

well bethany went to my mums for a night - first time since i had my operation in december cos i hate her being away from me.

anyway, think she must have missed me more than i realised because she's just had a 20 minute feed. much longer than any feed she has had in months! oh and as i am typing she's come back for the other boob lol.

so after a week of nothing shes had both boobs. might just because she missed me and might go back to nothing now but for now its stopped me feeling so upset lol.

xxxx
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:05 am

just wanted to send ((hugs)) how is it going now? xxxxx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:34 pm

sorry ang only just seen this!
well, she's still on and off at the minute. she keeps going days without booby and at the minute its been a week. apart from last night when she asked for booby and she was on like 5 seconds and then told me all done lol.
i'm thinking that she might have weaned herself off by the time new baby has arrived and i dont feel as upset now as i did cos she is still coming and going for it UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Icon_lol .
thanks everyone UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 871924
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 pm

UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 262538 glad all is going well hun

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm kind of hoping this is the pattern Corey will follow if i happen to fall preggers again. we can kind of go a day without feeds, but theres no way he will give up his bedtime and night time feeds!

Glad its sorted itself out for you hun UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( 871924

UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Cdcd6cdeUPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( _MG_2700-1UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( _MG_2931-1UPDATE - i think bethany is ready for stopping :( Lamlamabu20100902_-8_Frankie+is
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down