Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos!

+5
ldnug
Natasha
angpixi
kay
TashaAndBump
9 posters

Go down

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Empty My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos!

Post by TashaAndBump Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:35 pm

I made a submission at www.theshapeofamother.com and it's the closest I am going to get to writing a birth story as revisiting the birth experience and going over it in my mind isn't really helpful to me at the moment. There is lots missing as it wasn't written as a birth story, I haven't written one, but it gives the general gist of the what happened.

The part of my submission that deals with my birth story reads:

I had a hard time of the pregnancy. I went into preterm labour at 31 weeks when my waters broke, but they were able to stop the labour and I went on to 34 weeks 5 days before they induced me due to the risk of infection from my ruptured membranes and suspected IUGR of twin 2. I had a traumatic birth where, after I had reached 10cm all by myself with no pain relief, the doctors and midwives took control and interfered in my birth in ways that confused and terrified me. I felt scared and violated – suddenly the contractions were unbearably painful and I struggled to push my babies out as I was forced to lay on a table with my arms strapped down and my legs in stirrups. I successfully gave birth to “twin 1” who we called Sophie-Rose. It angers me in hindsight that I had to ask for my arms to be unstrapped before I could hold my baby. After she was born the midwives pushed on my tummy to try to encourage “twin 2” to come down. This also angers me as I soon started to hemorrhage, and my placenta detached before my second daughter was born, which I fully believe was as a direct result from this pushing and prodding on my uterus from the outside. Because of this, I had to have a cesarean for my second daughter’s birth. I was knocked out with a general anaesthetic and my daughter was cut from my body. I didn’t get to see her for some hours until I had come around from the GA. We called our beautiful, tiny, “twin 2”, Grace.

My cesarean scar is a constant reminder of how wrong that birth was, and I feel like I let Grace down that she didn’t benefit from natural birth and have a cuddle straight after birth like both of her sisters did. ...

My full shape of the mother submission can be found here: http://theshapeofamother.com/blog/mum-of-three-babies-after-2-pregnancies-twins-natasha/

Photos Very Happy

Me in labour - You can see we really were left to it, we had a great time My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Icon_lol

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3434

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3436

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3449

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3448

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3441

We pretty much messed around and just had a laugh until I said, "I need to push", then the room filled with people and the whole dynamic changed and it was a completely different atmosphere Sad I let them take control, which I really regret now. It's hard to keep a clear head in the situation, though, especially where you're at the point of needing to push, and being told, "No cross your legs - we need to get you to theatre first!" so you're trying to think and listen and make decisions at the same time that you are trying to keep your body from pushing your baby out. I should have just said, "fuck you!" and got up on my knees and pushed regardless of all that they were saying... Oh well, we live and learn eh? I'll know for next time Wink

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3469

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3459

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3461

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3472

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF3474

We don't have any photos of Grace's birth as I was unconscious and DH was not allowed to stay as I was under GA so he went with Sophie-Rose to the SCBU.

Anyways, on with cutsie baby piccies, which I am sure will have been waiting for through all that! My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Icon_lol

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF0180-1

"What's that? I can't eat her?"

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF0187

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF0181-1

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF0188

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF0201

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF0203

My complete family, for now Very Happy

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! DSCF0043
TashaAndBump
TashaAndBump

Female Number of posts : 121
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Anna (17 months old) Pregnant with identical twins! Smile

Due 29th January - Can't wait to breastfeed babies 2 and 3 :-) Anna stopped breastfeeding at 16 months 2 weeks.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Empty Re: My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos!

Post by kay Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Tasha those pics are truly truly beautiful My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Herz (im looking for a happy smily crying face lol!)

I hope you are learning to deal with your birth experience My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! 871924 I know you are very strong, and tend to make most situations good, so i truly hope your beautiful daughters outweigh the negative aspects.
They are thriving and perfect - well done sweetie!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Empty Re: My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos!

Post by angpixi Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:15 pm

your pictures are absolutely adorable! im sorry your birth experience wasnt what you planned/wanted My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! 871924
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:04 pm

I agree they are beautiful, im sorry you had a upsetting experience. Im sure you girls totaly make up for it. X
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Love the pictures - they are beautiful

It is always sad when your birth experience is not what you wanted but I am sure with time the disappointment will fade and be replaced by wonderful memories from your georgeous daughters xx
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Awwwwwwww hug2

Thank you so much for sharing with us, you have beautiful babies! hug3
I am sorry your birth wasnt what you've expected and what you wanted.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 am

omg how broody am i ,lovely pics of your little girls x
How cool to being able to take pics in theatre,i really missed not having pics of Em when she was first born I didnt get to see her until hours later:-(
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TashaAndBump Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:46 am

emmiesmummy wrote:omg how broody am i ,lovely pics of your little girls x
How cool to being able to take pics in theatre,i really missed not having pics of Em when she was first born I didnt get to see her until hours later:-(

Thanks Smile

I only have photo's of sophie-rose's birth because I had her naturally. I don't have any of Grace's birth because she was born by cesarean and I was under general anaesthetic. DH wasn't allowed to stay, so I don't have any memory of her birth or any photos either.

I wanted to video the birth, but the doctors and midwives said I wasn't allowed to do any video recording My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Icon_evil My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Icon_cry In hindsight if I had my birth on video I think I could take them to court over assaulting me as they did internals when I was asking them to leave me alone and gave me an episiotomy without telling me they were going to or getting my consent first My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Icon_mad
TashaAndBump
TashaAndBump

Female Number of posts : 121
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Anna (17 months old) Pregnant with identical twins! Smile

Due 29th January - Can't wait to breastfeed babies 2 and 3 :-) Anna stopped breastfeeding at 16 months 2 weeks.
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:58 pm

I wanted to video the birth, but the doctors and midwives said I wasn't allowed to do any video recording My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Icon_evil My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Icon_cry
In hindsight if I had my birth on video I think I could take them to
court over assaulting me as they did internals when I was asking them
to leave me alone and gave me an episiotomy without telling me they
were going to or getting my consent first My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! Icon_mad

omg thats awful, i didnt read your birth story earlier as was eating breakfast !!! you never know have detailed they will be. Im so sorry for you having gone throught that My twins' birth story (well, sort of) and photos! 871924
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm

They are here...they are safe.... and you are awesome incarnate to be breastfeeding twins admid the adversity you have faced. Your birth may not have been perfect, but your kids are... Smile
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by nelyn Mon May 24, 2010 11:18 am

you are what makes us women brave! your story is very touching, when we think that our lives are tough, we find someone who has suffered more and makes us appreciate what we have. you go on girl! your babies are cute and adorable and the way you gave birth to your twins is way too painful for me to imagine but you handled it bravely, kudos to you and congratulations!

nelyn

Female Number of posts : 4
Tell us about yourself : young mom, struggling to be a mom
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down