Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what would you do?

4 posters

Go down

what would you do? Empty what would you do?

Post by angpixi Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:30 am

i started to get palpitiations yesterday, like a throbbing in my neck. i went to the drop in centre this morning, the nurse found nothing unusual though i didnt have one while i was there. she told me i had to get to the cuedoc or hospital if i had another, i have but im reluctant to go, ive read up on the internet and it seems theyre not serious and very common. im a bit scared dont know what to do?
this might be making it worse!
what should i do? what would you do? Icon_eek what would you do? Icon_pale
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

what would you do? Empty Re: what would you do?

Post by kay Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Did she take your BP and everything?

if it carries on, i would defo get it checked out - or if you are reluctant to go, maybe phone NHS direct and see what they say?
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Are you anxious and stressed at all Ang? I get this quite a lot when im stressed.

The only other time is when im pregnant
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:17 pm

what would you do? Icon_eek Natasha! im defo not pg!!!!
i got myself quite worried so my dad took me through wen id got willow to sleep. aparently whats happening is my heart is only filling up half way every so often, the doc says its just something that happens and could be related to stress and anxiety (i think ive said im going to councelling for anxiety and panic attacks)
didnt really associate it cos its just happening every few minutes and not for any reason what would you do? Icon_scratch
its quite scary even though ive been reassured what would you do? Icon_neutral
angpixi
angpixi

Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaMat25 Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:38 pm

aww hun i totaly sympafise, i hve a heart problem and every now and then i get them it's not pleasent, it sounds like it is related of your pannic attacks and anxiety i hope you feel better soon sending ltos of hugs and try not to worry and maybe try to sit down and breave deeply as if your medatating/ relaxing (not sure it helps but it'll help calm you which should in turn help) when you get them
AnnaMat25
AnnaMat25

Female Number of posts : 259
Tell us about yourself : i'm s mum to 3 children
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:01 pm

thanks what would you do? 871924 for all replys, ive hardly done anything since i got back, kids have been really quiet, we've just had a bath n they seem to be getting further apart so fingers crossed theyll be gone soon xx
angpixi
angpixi

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:49 pm

i can sypathise hun - i get the palpitations in pregnancy, and its really debillitating pale

take it easy, and hope you feel a bit better soon xxx
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 am

what would you do? 875230

If you feel like that what the doc said wasn't enough, I would get a second opinion.
But yeah it does sound like stress and anxiety related.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Wed May 05, 2010 10:08 am

well, after feeling shitty for ages, having the palpitations, headaches, chills, aches and pains, and countless other symptoms, generally feeling i was wasting away for weeks, ive been back and forward to the dr for various tests its finally come back that im very anemic what would you do? Icon_redface
my af has changed over the last few months and its now every 3 weeks, that coupled with bf, my anxiety causing me not to eat properly (when i have the panicy moments my stomach and throat clenches and i loose the will to eat) has caused it we think.
i got given some iron tabs (ick) and have changed my diet for the better, id realised i was slacking a bit- weve been really skint and we were making meals for the kids then snacking ourselves what would you do? Icon_rolleyes
anyway ive been having awful indegestion for ages and yestrday i woke up at 6am not being able to move or breath properly it lasted 3 hours so i went back to the dr who gave me this aniseed gloop to take for a week and to stop the iron until its worked!
at least i know whats wrong and can distinguish between the anxiety attack and the ill side of it!
i feel better knowing i can sort myself out a bit, thanks for listening (reading!)
angpixi
angpixi

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 am

what would you do? 871924 wow Ang no wonder you felt so awful!

I hope you begin to feel much better soon
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed May 05, 2010 11:21 am

hug3

at least you have an answer hunny - now start taking care of yourself! hug2
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum