Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daves not buying into it

+4
indigosky2k
AnnaMat25
angpixi
kay
8 posters

Go down

topic 10 Daves not buying into it

Post by kay Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:57 am

Having a hard time convincing Dave that cloth bums is a good idea.
He thinks the initial outlay is too much ( I have spent £25, and have 30 prefolds, 6 wraps, and 2 newborn trial packs, plus loads of liners etc), so in my opinion this should be pretty ok for the fist couple of months, and 25 quid would get me what, 3 packs of nappies?

He also think it is too inconvenient and doesnt want buckets of smelly nappies about the place.
I pointed out he works 8-5 every day, and has nothing to do with household chores, washing, etc etc.

think its a losing battle - im just keeping quiet and doing it, and will then see how it goes when bubs is here xxx
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

topic 10 Re: Daves not buying into it

Post by angpixi Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:37 am

probably the best way to go about it! once he sees how much youre saving etc he wont have any objections!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaMat25 Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:11 am

angpixi wrote:probably the best way to go about it! once he sees how much youre saving etc he wont have any objections!
exsactly what i was thinking Daves not buying into it Icon_biggrin
AnnaMat25
AnnaMat25

Female Number of posts : 259
Tell us about yourself : i'm s mum to 3 children
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:37 am

I completely agree. Just get on with it Daves not buying into it Icon_wink How is £25 a big initial outlay? You'd spend that on enough sposies to get you through, what maybe a month. Potentially those prefolds would last through until your LO potty trains, though if you're anything like me you'll become an addict and want pretty fluff Daves not buying into it Icon_razz Yes you'd need bigger wraps as baby grows, but they're not that expensive, you can even get a pretty one for just over a tenner new, pre-loved would be evn cheaper Daves not buying into it Icon_wink
As for smelly buckets Daves not buying into it Icon_evil my bucket only smells if the lid is not on right and it's full of nappies, by this I mean overflowing Daves not buying into it Icon_redface I put tea-tree oil in if I remember, a few drops in the empty bucket when I put them into wash and then a couple of drops with each nappy. It really helps kill any smell. (Think I'll be remember this more now as the smell is really making me Daves not buying into it Icon_pale )
Washing them isn't a big deal after the first few weeks either. And at that point you'll have that much other washing, he won't notice the nappies Daves not buying into it Icon_smile

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 pm

I think he thinks that i have to spend much more, when realistically, i have the basics i need.
We did look into it with Jamie, my first, but that was before i had met anyone else doing it, and the cost WAS a lot then. We considered a nappy laundery service, but that worked out about the same as disposables, so we didnt.

Now i am a SAHM, i think it is very feasable, and i am actually quite looking forward to it!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:24 pm

men Daves not buying into it Icon_rolleyes

I like your strategy! Wink
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Kay like girls have said just carry on, he aint the one doing it anyway so I don't know what hes moaning about.

I dry pail, and have one bucket and manage to was every 2-3 days and my kitchen never smells and its very easy to do.

The initial outlay is more yes, but when you look at the cost upto toddler, your saving a fortune!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Kev's never been impressed either.
To be fair though, we forked out over £200 on 20 pocket nappies that have just never fit Colby right affraid He is such a teeny little thing with a pot belly. I really should have got one to try before buying 20 affraid Embarassed

I keep saying I am going to seel them and get something that we can actually use Embarassed

£25 is nothing what is he moaning about Shocked s already said, it's only like 3 packs of nappies!
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:51 pm

thats why i got a few different wraps to try, thought i would see what i get on with, and hopefully with using the pre-folds, they will see me through! Very Happy
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 am

Kay I find the two part system much better as you can mix them with different shaped nappies/ prefolds and mix the wraps
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:18 am

Once he sees them in action I'm sure he'll change his mind. Shane has always been a bit sceptical about everything I've tried, but he always comes round to my way of thinking when he sees the benefits xxx

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Natasha wrote:Kay I find the two part system much better as you can mix them with different shaped nappies/ prefolds and mix the wraps

i know im being thick - having a really shit day lol! but thats the system im doing, right? Embarassed
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Yes it is Daves not buying into it Icon_razz sorry didn't explain very well
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks hun! that was my logic - that the prefolds would see me throuh and i just invest in different wraps as time goes by! Razz
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum