Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting my milk supply back

3 posters

Go down

Getting my milk supply back Empty Getting my milk supply back

Post by GemGibb Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:17 pm

After struggling to keep my milk supply up for my baby, i decided with alot of hesitation to switch him to formula... which he hasnt took to at all, im now trying to start breast feeding him again as i feel i made the wrong choice trying to switch him... is it possible to get your supply back??
many thanks for all help

GemGibb

Female Number of posts : 14
Tell us about yourself : Im 26 years old, have my 2nd gorgeous son Isaac (my first son Ryan died aged 3) Love being a mummy again, trying my best to do everything right for Isaac as hes my world Smile
Your mood today : Upset
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2011-06-29

Back to top Go down

Getting my milk supply back Empty Re: Getting my milk supply back

Post by salj1980 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi Gem, sorry to hear it's not been working out for you and Isaac Sad Have a look at this page on the kellymom site, there's a long list of things at the bottom of the page that you can try to help re-establish your supply. Good luck!

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html

salj1980

Female Number of posts : 84
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Huw, born Nov '09. He's the light of my life!
Thanks and Reputation points : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Sorry to hear youve been struggling. I know it it possible to regain your milk supply , there is a thread i remember reading on here where one girl did it sucessfully. Lots of luck with it xxxx
If I remember rightly, lots of skin to skin contact and plenty of suckling is the key! Getting my milk supply back 129911
Getting my milk supply back 871924
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by GemGibb Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Thank you both got some supply back but still not the most i could do with making lol, im gonna spend couple of days in bed with lil fella see if that helps us out Smile xx

GemGibb

Tell us about yourself : Im 26 years old, have my 2nd gorgeous son Isaac (my first son Ryan died aged 3) Love being a mummy again, trying my best to do everything right for Isaac as hes my world Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by salj1980 Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Ah well that's a start Gem, how have you got on now?

salj1980

Female Number of posts : 84
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Huw, born Nov '09. He's the light of my life!
Thanks and Reputation points : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by GemGibb Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi, still not great but we are getting there.. still supplementing him with at least 1 bottle, but we still plodding on trying to get full breast milk again xxx

GemGibb

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 pm

well done! i think youre doing great to get this far! Getting my milk supply back 871924
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down