Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to give baby a bottle for one night!

2 posters

Go down

Trying to give baby a bottle for one night! Empty Trying to give baby a bottle for one night!

Post by lovingmummyhood Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 am

I am going to a work do about 30-45 mins drive from my house on December 16th, he will be 5 months. He is 3 months at the moment and refuses to take a bottle. His dad and nana have tried him with no luck at all. I was no where near either so it wasnt because he could smell me. Apparently he cried for half an hour before having a 2 minute suckle and then going to sleep. We have tried him a few times, once when he was hungry and once when he was just satified betweens feeds.

He just will not have one. Im worried that his dad wont cope with him on this day because he will not have a bottle and that I will get called home. If it was the choice between my baby and the work party, obviously there is no contest it would be my little boy but as by this time I would of not had more than 10 minutes away from him I would like one night of freedom, chatting to my friends and having a dance and a meal without Ethan crying (everytime I eat he seems to think he wants feeding or picking up etc lol bless him, i very rearely have a meal without some sort of upset).

Help me mummies, I want a night of freedom!!

xxxxxx

lovingmummyhood

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : My little boy is now 3 months old and I am loving breastfeeding! Had a few teething problems at first but definitely worth it. He now refuses any bottles because he loves the breast that much bless him haha
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Trying to give baby a bottle for one night! Empty Re: Trying to give baby a bottle for one night!

Post by angpixi Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:19 pm

First of all HI! Trying to give baby a bottle for one night! 950684 I wouldn't worry too much about how things will be seeing as its a couple of months away! Babies change sooo much in their patterns and things all the time as youve probably noticed!
A couple of things I would try ( none of mine have ever taken to a bottle by the way so he might just be one of those!)
There is a certain type of bottle thats supposed to be similar to a breast called the adiri bottle
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adiri-Natural-Nurser-Ultimate-Bottle/dp/B00143Z9EO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318767129&sr=8-1
this is just one example if you google you can find them all over the net!
Or some people have suggested a sippy cup, instead of a bottle, they find the babies will drink more from that.
Also you could just give him a huge feed all day and before you go out and hope he will go for a couple of hours while you are out! how long does he go between feeds? my 4th was a little and often i couldnt go for more than an hour but the 5th would fill up and settle for ages!
Willow (no.5) is more of a clingy now I cant go anywhere without her! - shes 4!
you could also try a dummy to keep him settled even if its just for a couple of hours so you can have your night out- we all deserve time for ourselves to feel like women not just food!
hope you find a solution xx
Trying to give baby a bottle for one night! 871924
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down