Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi girls

3 posters

Go down

Hi girls Empty Hi girls

Post by allykatz Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi girls,
Nice site.... I'm Alyson, i have 2 children 10 and 6 and am due to have a little girl in just over 3 weeks now.
I bf my other 2 for around 8 months each, even though a bottle had to be introduced from early on with both, because with my first he never put weight on proper, but then all the weight charts are led towards ff babies, but i was young and listened to what they said, but he was also born with a bowel problem and the formula shown this up where as the breast eased it.
With my second she had reflux so had to have a bottle a day to have the medicine.
This one will be bf and am looking forward to it but since having my other 2 I've had implants put in so wondering if it will hurt more but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough lol,
Be good getting knowing you all..
allykatz
allykatz

Female Number of posts : 91
Tell us about yourself : I am mummy to 4 children, the oldest being 14 the youngest 7months, i have bf all of them but only got as far as 7/8 months, my baby now is the longest i have got to right now and doesn't look like it will be finishing soon but i am loving it
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Back to top Go down

Hi girls Empty Re: Hi girls

Post by Natasha Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi welcome to the forum allykatz cheers

I am so glad your going to have another go at breastfeeding, thats wonderful! :aww:

As for implants i'm not too sure, I know it’s certainly possible and many women successfully breastfeed after having implants.

I would strongly suggest you find out were your nearest lactation consultant is before your little one is due and take their advice, I personally find them better as midwives and health visitors more often than not, really do not have a clue and will give you bad advice.

I am so pleased you joined Razz

Looking forward to chatting with you flower
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by allykatz Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:56 pm

Well i can get colostrum out and have leaked once, so know they still work good hee and my doctor put them in under the muscle and said it will be ok to still feed, luckily i'm at the hospital in a couple of weeks for a check up on them so she can have a good feel of them lol......
I think i'm scared of it hurting more with them first sucks as the nips got a bit more tender but that won't stop me the pain only lasts for a bit till they numb up hey,
allykatz
allykatz

Tell us about yourself : I am mummy to 4 children, the oldest being 14 the youngest 7months, i have bf all of them but only got as far as 7/8 months, my baby now is the longest i have got to right now and doesn't look like it will be finishing soon but i am loving it

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyleche Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:24 am

Welcome! Very Happy
ladyleche
ladyleche

Female Number of posts : 39
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-08

http://bliss-breastfeeding.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:57 am

Hiya welcome to bb..

i know ppl who have had implants and still breastfed succesfully.. im sure you will be fine..

i wanted to breastfeed my middle son and at 4 weeks old it was determined he too had bowel probs and had loads of tests etc, was told to stop bf, and my milk dried up.. then they said i could carry on as all tests came bck to a immature bowel.. and not what they thought, so im really wanting to try and succed this time.. :aww:

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:08 pm

allykatz wrote:Well i can get colostrum out and have leaked once, so know they still work good hee and my doctor put them in under the muscle and said it will be ok to still feed, luckily i'm at the hospital in a couple of weeks for a check up on them so she can have a good feel of them lol......
I think i'm scared of it hurting more with them first sucks as the nips got a bit more tender but that won't stop me the pain only lasts for a bit till they numb up hey,

Make sure you get some Lansinoh in! its fantatic stuff and really helped with sore nips as it can be left on while nursing Smile :boob:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by allykatz Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi hun i'll try to remember that and pick some up tomorrow. is it new never heard of this one before but will deffo try it think i used kamilasan or something last time even though didn't need much use the last 2 times as never got sore but it will be just my luck this time lol....
allykatz
allykatz

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:30 pm

I got mine from boots.

It's not cheap, cost me nearly £10.

But it was the best £10 I have ever spent.

Or look on ebay, you may get it cheaper Very Happy

Take care x
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down