Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

confused

3 posters

Go down

topic 10 confused

Post by piesmummy2006 Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:25 pm

today and yesterday niamh has wanted my milk loads more often in the day i have just been giving it to her but my supply is not that much now of course, she is not ill or teething what could the reason be? my milk supply wont increase now this late in the game will it? does any one else have this with their LO's should i discurrage (sp) it? i hope where not going back to as often as when she was a baby. thanks ladies. xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

topic 10 Re: confused

Post by Natasha Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:01 pm

Hmmm, have you been anxious? tierd? irritable?

This can trigger little ones to feed more as it makes them feel that way so they want comfort from you.

Could she be coming down with a cold?
Olivia seemed fine yesterday but last night fed loads! and today has a runny nose.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nichola Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi

I noticed with mine that some days they will just want to feed more for no reason that I can think of.

Toddler nursing is often about comfort and sometimes it's as if they just need to touch base with you more and recharge so they can face the challenges of the big world again!

Are things a bit more hectic because of Christmas? She might be picking up on the fact and wanting reassuance.

There is no need to discourage it if you are happy to feed her it is a great way to meet her needs. It is one of the advantaged of breastfeeding an older child it is a great mothering tool and often can calm a child even when we haven't got a clue what if anything is wrong!

As for your milk supply it will respond to Niamh's demands just as when she was tiny if she demands more you will make more when she stops asking as much again your supply will drop again.

If I were you I would go with the flow and see what happens over the next few days

Nichola

nichola
BreastBuddies
BreastBuddies

Number of posts : 169
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:08 am

thanks for the replies girls,
yep it is a bit stress full i suppose and more busy than normal.
i was hoping i wouldn't need to discourage i just didn't want to confuse her, i am loving our special feeding times i hope she weans her self off
and doesn't make me go "cold turkey" lol xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down