Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think???

3 posters

Go down

What do you think??? Empty What do you think???

Post by gem1981 Sun May 25, 2008 10:36 am

I think I've said before that daisy will pull herself off when I'm feeding her, she is doing it alot now. She will turn her head to the side (with my nipple in her mouth) and then keep rubbing her head in my boob. She just keeps turning her head from side to side on my boob. (ouch)
Anyway, I just thought - shes had heat rash on her face for a few weeks now, do you think its that bothering her?

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

What do you think??? Empty Re: What do you think???

Post by Kasia80 Mon May 26, 2008 4:48 pm

It could be heat rash. Do you put anything on it? Even Sudocrem or Kamilosan will bring some relief. Also breastmilk has great antiseptic and antibacterial properties and will help it to heal soon.
If it doesn't heal in next few days I think you should see doc about this rash.
Gem, how is your let down? Would you say its particulary strong?
Because maybe Daisy is moving her head cos she is trying to regulate to fast let down?
Just wondering.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Mon May 26, 2008 7:32 pm

I'm going to look thick now but how do I know if my let down is strong or not? I haven't got anything to compare it to so I don't know. How do I know?

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Mon May 26, 2008 7:41 pm

Well, you could feel letdown- but its perfectly normal not to- like I do. I get strong, kind off exploding pain in both breast, they go hard and my other breast (one baby is not on) will shoot milk strongly, etc.
Or you could tell when you have let down by observing how baby is behaving when latched on breast.
When milk comes down fast- because of breast and nipple response to stimulation- you'll observe baby swallowing faster, there will be less sucking movements, longer pauses between sucks and more swallowing.
Some mums suffer form overactive let down- milk comes out too fast and too strong for baby, and some babies tend to choke, spit up, clamp on nipple to tame milk, or as you've described pull on it and move head- trying to regulate flow.
Baby would usually get fussy during feeding, baby be gassy and have green, frothy stools, smelling sort off acidy.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Mon May 26, 2008 8:14 pm

Shortly after her feed starts she will start swallowing alot more - suck swallow suck swallow, then after a few minutes it slows to suck suck suck swallow. When the milk first comes down I normally start leaking on the other boob - although today I haven't (??!!) but if I've forgotten to put a breast pad in i can normally see the milk on my bra about half an inch all around my nipple. It doesn't spray though.
Is this any help?? (Sorry!)

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Mon May 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Is she moving her head then?When milk comes down?
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Mon May 26, 2008 8:21 pm

sometimes, but I think its normally just after. She can do it all the way through a feed though.

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Mon May 26, 2008 8:22 pm

oh, ok. Need to think about this. Maybe it is her rash then.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Fri May 30, 2008 12:39 pm

Hiya,
Just thought I'd let you know what hv said. She thinks Daisy is either doing this because of her cold - to help her breathe, or she thinks it could be just one of her 'little habits'.
She also thinks her cold is why Daisy's latch hasnt been so good lately. Although, I think shes getting better and I'm not so sore now.
Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri May 30, 2008 3:35 pm

great news! I hope cold will pass soon :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW Fri May 30, 2008 10:12 pm

Great to hear she's getting better gem. Hugs and kisses from me and mollie :bighug:
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Sat May 31, 2008 8:16 am

Thanks so much!! :bighug:

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum