Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daddy's help during the night

+6
gem1981
Squiglet
SarahW
kay
Kasia80
rhi'smummy
10 posters

Go down

Announcement Daddy's help during the night

Post by rhi'smummy Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Rhianna's sleep varies from night to night, one night she'll sleep from 7 to 6 waking once, another night, she'll be awake every hour and a half, and quite often these days she wakes up and wants to nurse for 2 hours. I've put it down to several things, but really have no idea.
We're thinking of trying getting DH more involved at night, so when she wakes he'll rock her instead of me feeding her. Aparently it takes quite a few sleepless nights, but works quite well.
Has anyone heard of it, or tried it? Or anything else I could try?
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: Daddy's help during the night

Post by Kasia80 Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:00 pm

All ears here- I'm interesting in other families experiences. We've had no probs with John, he always was a great sleeper. Maya wakes up often but all she needs is a :boob: . We co-sleep so its not a prob.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:09 pm

Mine do sleep much better for daddy - probably because he doesnt hear them and ignores them :haha:
But seriously - when i was in hospital - i came out to 2 well adapted kids overnight. They were that bit older and not bf though.
Corey just helps himself in the night now and i let him get on with it Very Happy
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:06 pm

We co sleep most of the time, when hubbys week off she starts in cot so we have a few hours cuddle time, then when she wakes for a feed she stays in with us so dont have any messing about up and down with her, on the weeks he works she co sleeps with me all night, i love it.So not really issue for us, cos Mollie a good sleeper and falls back of really quickly in night. Hubby rarely even stirs when she wakes up so don't think i'd get much sleep if he was doing the getting up cos would have to wake him up first then go back to sleep myself.
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:53 pm

when DH has tried in the past its failed miserably and I've always ended up giving lil miss a boob anyway.. even if we give her EBM, she'll only take the bottle from me... so we are scarpered either way... I co sleep with her and I just stick a boob in her head... means I have worse nights than DH but its not his fault. He'd help if he could.
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Up till now Rhianna's sleeping or not sleeping hasn't been too much of a problem, she's still in with us, so feeding is easy(ish). But feeding a newborn during the night is alot different to a wriggly nearly 18 month old, who one minute kicks you in the head, and the next decides to stick her finger in your eye, and thats not mentioning her running round the bed in the middle of the night.
But the new reason for trying to cut down her night feeds is because we're kind of trying for another bundle of joy, but I've been off the pill for almost 2 months and still no sign of Aunt Flo. Aparently feeding so much at night is a big hinderance.
I've heard getting daddy to take over the nights isn't a quick fix, can take a couple of weeks, but works eventualy, especialy with a slightly older baby who can understand a bit more whats going on.
I do love having her next to me at night though, even her snoring is cute. :lovey:
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:07 pm

Awwww :lovey: good luck with the TTC!! :aww:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Aww - congratulations on TTC :aww:

We had Jamie co-sleeping, but as we only had 11 months between Jamie and Ty, we went cold turkey with him a couple of weeks before Ty was due and he's been fine since. He actually settled really well in his own cot (still in our room - and stopped waking for a bottle (he wasnt bf) pretty much straight away.
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Ellie was about this age when I convinced Daddy to go in when Ellie was waking - and it was a very quick fix for us. When she woke, and Daddy went she would settle almost immediately and went back to sleep. If I went in she demanded a feed. A few nights after we started this she did need me to go in but I would highly recommend trying it. I will see if I can find the old posts.

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:57 pm

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 pm

awwwwww :lovey: congrats TTC xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:26 am

Congratulations on TTC cheers
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:50 pm

Congratulations on TTC hun :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down