Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disapointed

+2
Kasia80
sunnysarah
6 posters

Go down

topic3 Disapointed

Post by sunnysarah Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 pm

Took Penny to be weighed today she`s 8wks. She has only put on a ounce & a half in two weeks :iconsad: . Hv was very nice & said not to worry, Penny is very alert, good skin colour, moist mouth etc. She said if she was worried bout her she`d say to get her weighed again next week but she`s not so wait till next month. Just abit worried that i`m not feeding her right or that my supply is not very good.
sunnysarah
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

topic3 Re: Disapointed

Post by Kasia80 Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:14 pm

aww hunnie!!! no need to worry :aww: Some babies gain faster some slower: there is no reason to worry!

I'm asking you few questions here, to help us get whole picture:
Is Penny weighed at the same scales every time or are they different? Were scales reset and adjusted before Penny was weighed?
Do you weigh her every time in the same way: naked/ without nappy/ dressed/ etc?
Could you describe us your daily routine?
How many times a day would you say you are bf your little one? How long are brakes between?
How long it lasts?
Is she sleeping thru the night or waking up for feeding?
Do you switch breast often or offer one only?
Is she having plenty of wet nappies and bowel movements?
Are you small person yourself and baby's dad? how would you describe you two?
Please, don't answer if it makes you feel uncomfortable!

After I'll get full picture we can work some asnwers back for you, hunnie! :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 am

Another question, had she just had a dirty nappy not long before you weighed this time, and not last time. If you think how small an ounce or two is, its only a smllish poo, makes quite a difference. Same goes for if she'd just had a feed. Next time get there 10 mins early and give her a good feed.
Or better still, if you can, just dont get her weighed. Yrust your instincts, you know she's alert and well. Its too easy to get paranoid about these charts.
Jmho
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnysarah Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 am

Right okay here we go.....

It was the first time she was weighed on these scales. I was the only one there so the scales had been off. I always strip her even her nappy.
Normally get up about 7 i have a 3yr old boy aswell. I tend to feed Penny before we go downstairs so she`s more settled while i get Jakes breakfast. She will probaly feed a couple more times before we go & get dressed at about 9. I tend to offer her the same breast at this time cos she only has small feeds each time so she`s not draining the breast & want her to get the hind milk.
We will then get dressed & she will have another feed then hopfully have a nap.
When she wakes up from her nap i will the offer her the other breast.
It`s hard to judge how many feeds she has or how long cos we were just getting settled from her getting my supply up when i think she hit abit of a growth spurt as she was constantly feeding which only stopped yesterday.
She cluster feeds from about 6pm till i bath her at 8. She then has another feed till she`s full then by about 9pm she`s asleep. She either wakes at 2am or sometimes goes till 4am. Then another feed at 6am. Then starts again.
I`m short 5ft & hubby is about 5" 6ish so not tall. I am on the chubby side.
She does have lots of wet nappies & poo`s sometimes twice a day or sometimes every other day.
She`d had a smallish poo about 2hrs before she was weighed & had several feeds aswell.
I`m not gonna get paranoid about it & will wait another 4wks before i get her weighed again just abit disapointed that she hadn`t put more on as it feesl like she is constantly on me & just a tad concerned that i`m doing something wrong.[/img]
sunnysarah
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:30 am

Hunny - it all sounds perfectly fine to me :aww:

The reason to me sounds like the scales - i bet you have a shock next time you get her weighed. (Gem had a similar prob).

keep doing as you are - sounds like a good job to me! :boob:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:44 pm

yep, I weighed Daisy on different scales to normal and got worried as according to the new scales she'd only put on 5oz in 3 weeks, 2 days later I took her to be weighed on the normal scales and she was about 7oz (I think) more than the other scales said.

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Sounds great to me, no reason to worry!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:05 pm

aww hun everything sounds good to me. Even if it wasnt due to a different scales being used - so long as theres plenty of wet nappies and baby is happy. at least baby has put some weight on and isnt losing it :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum