Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loads of problems......................

5 posters

Go down

Loads of problems...................... Empty Loads of problems......................

Post by clairelana Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Hello all, sorry this is a long one.................
Were back from our hols. had a great time!
Were having a few problems -

Firstly we have gone back to almost constant feeding or using me as a dummie. she wants to be attached to me all the time. How can i make her go longer in between feeds? I have tried every dummie possible on the market she just spits them out. She wont sleep in the day unless she is on the breast.

I'm also having to put her in bed with me after her early morning feed sometimes its 4am sometimes its 6 am. As as soon as i unlatch her she wakes and cries. I'm not really happy doing this but it the only way i can get some more sleep.

I'm starting to find all this really hard. I have managed to continue even though i have been really struggling on holiday. My breast pump managed to break on the way so i haven't been able express to give her a bottle. I tried to express by hand and wasn't getting enough. In the end after much persuasion i ended up giving her 1 bottle of formula a day.

I have had 3 people for 2 weeks telling me she isn't getting enough and she should be on bottles. Its been so hard but i have put my point across every time and stuck to my guns. They have also told me I've done really well to feed for so long. I took it as a compliment even though it was one of the reasons they gave for me to stop.

My husbands also told me he didn't feel like he has bonded with Kaydi due to my BF. But when i give her the bottle i try to get him to give it ,he moans and say can't you do it. I'm so frustrated and don't know what to do.

The HV came this morning which made me feel better as she said were doing really well. She is to be weighed on wed fingers crossed she gains enough.

Were still having problems with thrush, its not clearing. HV has told me to take her to the Dr to try some different medication.

Still going and refusing to stop even though i'm finding this really hard. Any tips or advise would be fantastic.

I will post some pics from our hols when i get chance.
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Loads of problems...................... Empty Re: Loads of problems......................

Post by kay Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:18 pm

:aww:

Well done for keeping going despite the pressure!

I would say it is the 12 week growth spurt you are going through hunny - and unfortunately they do go through phases like this with sleep etc, whether they are breast or bottle fed.

Have you tried citracidal for the thrush? it is used both in babies mouth and your nipple- i used it and its very effective.
https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/breastfeeding-and-nutrition-f24/thrush-treatmentgentian-violet-gse-etc-t618.htm?highlight=thrush
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Loads of problems...................... Empty Re: Loads of problems......................

Post by gem1981 Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:00 pm

have you tried co-sleeping when she has her early morning feed? if you can feed her lying down you wont necessarily have to unlatch her. :aww:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:25 pm

I thought it might be a growth spurt. Its been a bit easier being at home too.
We are also co sleeping when she has her early morning feed as this is the only way i can get more sleep. Its something i really didn't want to start doing though. I know so many people who have had problems when they want to stop.

Also is she to young to be teething? she always has her hands in her mouth and is dribbling alot?
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Its not too early for teething - dont rule it out by any means!

With regard to co-sleeping, i have a 4 yo, a 3 yo and 6 month old. We have co-slept with all of them, and getting them to own bed or cot was never a problem - eldest was 11 months, middle was 4 months, and DS3 still in with us at 6 months. They all have no sleep issues, and are healthy and happy!

Last edited by kay on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnysarah Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:22 pm

I bring my DD in with me after her early morning feed around 5am cos she doesn`t settle in her cot for some reason. I also wonder if she`s teething cos she`s dribbling alot & chomps on her fists, but in a different way to when she`s hungry. They can be teething for months before you`ll see any teeth. My dd will be 9wks tomorrow.
sunnysarah
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 am

Daisy also always has her hands in her mouth. When she first started doing it I worried as I thought she was still hungry (esp when she did it straight after a feed) but I think its just a sign of teething. She also dribbles loads, we went to a party a couple of weeks ago, I put a gorgeous dress on her and half way through the night her dress was soaked so its back to bibs I think!

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:21 pm

When Daddy was around, I used him to try and get Ellie to go a bit longer between feeds, as Daddy could distract her with other things and didn't smell of milk! It also helped with his bonding with her. Good luck, I hopeit improves soon.

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down