Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im in desp need of a text bf'ing buddy, anyone willing?

+4
Kasia80
clairelana
Helen
JaneJayandBaby
8 posters

Go down

im in desp need of a text bf'ing buddy, anyone willing? Empty im in desp need of a text bf'ing buddy, anyone willing?

Post by JaneJayandBaby Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:31 pm

major crisis lately. and my internet in being terrible. i feel a bit like someone trying to quit smoking. determined to stick at bf, but finding it so hard not to give in to formula...

jaiden's 6 weeks on monday, exclusively bf. hes had colic for 3 weeks now. had infacol for 2 weeks didnt help, been on dentinox for a week which also not helping. dr wont help any.
poor lad is screaming and screaming cos his belly hurts. hes a bit greedy so gulps his food and spits alot out while feeding. screams while feeding, but now getting to stage where he sometimes wont feed cos his belly hurts too much.
and he hasnt pooed for 3 days now Sad

today i bought dr brown anti colic bottles. expressed 1oz of milk and daddy fed it to him. he happily drank it n burped after and had no belly ache.

im trying to express anyway as start college part time soon. but i am really struggling to express. i can get 1oz max at a time n takes both breasts and about 1 hour trying. have tried it all, warm baths, hand pump, eletric pump, by hand etc.

i know worry by bf'ing im giving him more pain... and tempted to reach for the formula in the cupoard. i know ill feel a failure and regret it, but i dont know what elseto do.

and to make things worse im now on stronger anti inflammitories at 6 weeks after my emergancy c section as i have pulled something from doing something, so feel even worse as now have to take it easy for 2 more weeks.

i need help please, pm me for my mobile number if ur willing to have my rants through texts and help me lol.
or just reply here with ur wisdom please xxx
JaneJayandBaby
JaneJayandBaby

Female Number of posts : 30
Tell us about yourself : 24, married, mum to jaiden joshua.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.glamourglitz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

im in desp need of a text bf'ing buddy, anyone willing? Empty Re: im in desp need of a text bf'ing buddy, anyone willing?

Post by Helen Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:42 pm

Aww jane hope you and jaiden are ok. Your not logged in on msn or we could have proper chat? I've pm'd you anyway hun :aww:

Has for the formula - i would think that if you put baby on it, it may make colic worse. As its harder on babys belly, harder to digest, etc. Thats why formula fed babies are a lot more likely to get colic than bf baby.

Obviously whatever decision you make we're all here for you and will help you through it.

:aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

im in desp need of a text bf'ing buddy, anyone willing? Empty Re: im in desp need of a text bf'ing buddy, anyone willing?

Post by clairelana Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:38 am

Oh Jane, your doing really well the 6 week mark can be hard even without colic. :bighug:
Have your tried gripe water? It really helped us. It worked almost instantly for us with large burps and trumps. Strangely large....lol
As for no poo its quite normal in bf babies i wouldn't worry. Babies use almost all the bm so you don't get must waste. They can go up to 10 days, i think thats right it could be more.

As Helen said you will proberly find lo will be much worse on formula.

Expressing can be hard without much of a result at first. If you try to stick to expressing at the same time/s everyday your body will realise you want it to produce more milk. The amount will gradually increase with time.

When i started to express i also started taking fenugreek this seemed to help. There are some threads on fenugreek if you search them for more information. Fennel tea also works for me If I want to express I will drink 3-4 cups for a few days before. Oh and oats are great, I have acquired strange addiction to anything with oats in.
I find if I express after the 4am feed i get more too. You produce more milk at night.

I hope your feeling better soon hun.

If i ever get any credit i will send you my number ( I'm a bit rubish with phones. Never have credit or charge....lol)

Keep up the good work

Claire
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 am

I was going to suggest one of helplines:
National Breastfeeding Helpline: 0844 20 909 20

ABM Breastfeeding Helpline: 0844 41 229 49

BfN Breastfeeding Helpline: 0844 41 246 64

NHS Direct: 0845 4647
in emergency, We're so skinned I have no credit on phone for 3 months now.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:24 am

How's it all going Jane?
Hope your both well.

Claire
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneJayandBaby Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:14 pm

hi girls sorry for not replying sooner. well after the nasty formula feed jaiden rejected the breast so i threw the formula away and concentrated so hard on getting him back on the breast.

its been hard with his colic and getting sod all sleep, but were getting better. i start college on the 15th, and so far all i have managed to stock in the freezer is 6oz of ebm :'( which is 1 feed or just under.

anyone any advice on how i can express a decent amount? and can i keep doing it or will it take food he should be having when i next feed him etc? x
JaneJayandBaby
JaneJayandBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by salocius Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Are you using a hand or electric pump?? I use an electric one and get just under 4 1/2 oz in one go. If i use hand pump I don't get any.

Try expressing when your are feeding jaiden, mornings are usually when you are the fullest.

salocius

Female Number of posts : 98
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Upset
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneJayandBaby Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 am

hi salocius, i cannot express when feeding jaiden as he is still unable to latch on, on his own and falls off many times.

i have an electric pump and it bruises my nipples, but on lower settings it doesnt seem to work. i am considering buying a tt hand pump to try? x
JaneJayandBaby
JaneJayandBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 pm

I had an electric pump and couldn't get a drop, I sent it back and got a tommee tippee maunal, which is great. I think they seem to be different with each individual x

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by manjinderf Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi, I use the swing medela electric pump, I find it very good as it does a sucking motion as a baby does. It lets the reflex in, but there are different sizes of breast parts if the standard one does not fit. I get out about 3oz in the morning or 4 depending how it is.

manjinderf

Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by just Rachel Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:01 am

I had great difficulty in expressing until Andrew was 10 weeks old and then my milk just flowed easily.
just Rachel
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down