Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I get my 2 year old back into her bed & stop BFG?

3 posters

Go down

How do I get my 2 year old back into her bed & stop BFG? Empty How do I get my 2 year old back into her bed & stop BFG?

Post by Pink Rose Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:38 am

Hiya, as you all may know that I am a bit of a newbie.

I am nearly 15wks pregnant and still BFG and co-sleeping with my 2 year old DD. I am only BFG my DD in my bed at night-times and my nipple are so sore, I scream out "OCH!" when my DD is latching on, then the pain subsides and after 5-10 mins, my nipples start to feel uncomfortable again! So my DH during the night has to 'talk' my DD off my nipples! It quite funny really.

What I have noticed lately, my DD is starting to get really attached to her dad rather than normally to me. I supposed it's b/c I am pushing her away by stopping her breastfeeds on demand.

I like to get my DD back into her bed and stop the BFG.

My original plan is to have a chair in my DD's bedroom and give her a one off breastfeed then put her in her bed, as she gets out of the bed to make her way into my bedroom (which she will do). I will keep putting her back into her bed till she's gets the message and hopefully falls asleep (like 2 hrs later)! If I get too tired my hubby will take my place in the chair. A few nights later till when my DD had accepted to sleep in her bed, then I will stop the last breastfeeds and start all over again with picking up and putting her back into bed business! Then eventually, I will start placing my chair further out of her room each night till I disappear from view.

This sounds an awful lot of work for someone that's pregnant! Any better ideas? Should I just stop the breastfeeds at the same time? I feel guilty that this might be too much to take on for my DD as well as learning not to co-sleep any more.
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

How do I get my 2 year old back into her bed & stop BFG? Empty Re: How do I get my 2 year old back into her bed & stop BFG?

Post by Natasha Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Hi sorry noone has responded sooner hun.

I havn't had any experience in this, but to me stopping breastfeeding and putting her in her own room will be too much for her.

Try putting her to bed with boob, and then go in the night and offer her some (if she snacks in the night) also maybe try leaving something that smells of breastmilk in with her?

When I moved Olivia into her own room I put breastmilk on a teddy and she had it for a few weeks and didn't need it Very Happy
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do I get my 2 year old back into her bed & stop BFG? Empty Re: How do I get my 2 year old back into her bed & stop BFG?

Post by Pink Rose Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 pm

Thanks for replying I nearly given up on this Topic and yeah you are right and I have already decided that stopping BM and putting her to bed at the same time would be a bit too much anyway.

I am just gonna carry on with the BFG for a little longer and I think she showing signs of weaning. When that had stopped then I will introduced her back into her bed then.

Good idea about the leaving the 'smell of BM' with her - that's great! cheers

For the update, my DD now prefers me to cuddle up too in bed rather than her dad! Perhaps it's b/c she has now excepted that her daytime demand BFs has stopped and is now happy and I am forgiven!
Aww I must give her a cuddle! :bighug:
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:22 pm

You put this in another topic somewhere - i responded there hun :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Aww im glad she has excepted it.

I really think it will be ok hun, and yes the bm smell was my life saver! seemed to give her comfort :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down