Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is Lo screaming when she feeds?

4 posters

Go down

Why is Lo screaming when she feeds? Empty Why is Lo screaming when she feeds?

Post by salocius Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi All,

For the last few days Tasmin has been screaming whenever I put her to the breast and I haven't got a clue whats wrong. I first thought it might be some trapped wind but even after winding her she was the same.

I have noticed that both my breasts are very painful at the moment but I cant see any white spots in her mouth just a white tongue to say it was thrush again.

salocius

Female Number of posts : 98
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Upset
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Why is Lo screaming when she feeds? Empty Re: Why is Lo screaming when she feeds?

Post by angpixi Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:49 pm

has she had a cold? maybe she has ear infection? lying down sometimes aggravates the sinuses. or is she maybe teething? or she might have a sore throat? im just firing some suggestions from experience! i hope things settle down for you soon :aww: :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Why is Lo screaming when she feeds? Empty Re: Why is Lo screaming when she feeds?

Post by salocius Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:26 pm

She has no cold as far as I am aware. She is dribbling lots so could well be teething tho can't see anything yet. All day she just kept pushing everything out breast, bottle dummy etc.
The roof of her mouth is quite white along with her tongue and I have painful hot breasts too, can't get an appointment with GP even tho she's refused some of her feeds today they just don't seem to care stupid receptionists. So I rang our local children's centre and managed to speak to hv who was off duty and she got a bf peer supporter to call me, I'm going to the bf cafe so they can check both her mouth and latch. I also mentioned that her weight gain has been poor since the first bout of thrush.
Saying all this she has just had her bed time feed and was fed from both sides and took half hour so either she was so hungry that she gave in or too tired to fight it.

salocius

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:50 am

glad to hear you managed to feed her, did you get to see anyone? hows it going today? :aww:hope it gets better x
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:21 am

Hope you got some help - what a good HV!

It sounds like thrush again - this is how Corey is when we get it - and I get the painful boobs. :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by salocius Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:58 pm

I went to the Bf cafe spoke to hv there, although Tasmin's mouth looked clear they said that it may be deep inside the breast which causing the problem. Also her latch wasn't correct either she's only putting my nipple in.

Hopefully we've cracked the latching problem, I have medicine for Tasmin to take 4 times a day. I still have my cream from last time round so will start using that and will use some canistan too.

salocius

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:38 pm

brilliant! :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by salocius Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:51 pm

anther question Will I need to throw away the ebm milk that I've frozen down, I'm going out for the evening on Sunday and don't think i'll be able to get enough if i do

salocius

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:37 am

your supposed to get rid of any ebm, if you have thrush. This is to stop it transferring back and forth. But if you still have it I can't see a problem with you using it up.

Have a lovely evening.

Claire
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down