Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*UPDATE* - Was worried about my daughter today!

+2
clairelana
Pink Rose
6 posters

Go down

*UPDATE* - Was worried about my daughter today! Empty *UPDATE* - Was worried about my daughter today!

Post by Pink Rose Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:36 am

I took my daughter to morning school nicely enough this morning and I reminded her that she will be paired up with another girl today by her teacher and to stay away from this girl she doesn't get on with.

When I went to pick my daughter up this morning, she came out with a huge bright red bump down one side of her nose. Her teacher (different one to yesterday) told me that she bumped it playing the ho-la-hoop. But when I questioned my daughter further about it at home, she says it was same bully girl from yesterday that did it! I said "I thought I told you to stay away from her! Did she get told off for it?", my daughter said "Yes, the teacher saw it and I did play with someone else as well!". I said "I rather you didn't play with her at all! And now she's whacked out your nose!"

I don't know why my daughter is so attracted to this girl that seems to do nothing but upset her and I am fed-up with hearing my daughter moan about her all the time as well! :crazy:

I am assuming that the teacher did pair her up with another girl but at the end of the day, it's up to my daughter who she chooses to play with and her teacher can't force her but at least the teacher was there to witnessed the ho-la-hoop incident and sorted it out quickly.

You think I should have another word with the teacher again? I do trust the teacher, perhaps I should let her get on with her job. There is parents evening next week.
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE* - Was worried about my daughter today! Empty Re: *UPDATE* - Was worried about my daughter today!

Post by clairelana Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:48 am

We have a similar problem with my step son.
He has a friend who is a girl but she makes him do things for example to cut his tie! She also picks on him and excludes him from games. He won´t not play with her though. He says she is his best friend. The teachers are keeping an eye on them.
At the end of the day if they choose to be friends nothing we can do about it. Its a pain
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE* - Was worried about my daughter today! Empty Re: *UPDATE* - Was worried about my daughter today!

Post by Pink Rose Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Yeah that does sound similar to what my daughter is experiencing. I have just had another chat with her about it and she's says she feels she's only friends with this girl cos all the other girls have already paired up each other.

Sad isn't it? But it's very early days yet and my daughter's only 4 perhaps she's still learning about friendships etc.

I certainly won't be inviting this girl round my house to play for now anyway and I will make up an excuse to avoid having my daughter round her house to play.
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:13 pm

we have had this with James since he started school 2 years ago, he is
very sensative and it didnt take long before the other kids realised
that he would cry if they picked on him & then when he cries they
chant cry baby at him, i was so shocked at first that 4 year olds could
be so cruel & went down the school regularly to chat about it
to the teacher & she made things worse by sending him out of class
when he cried as he was distrupting her lesson !!!! I gave her my
opinion on her tactics & didnt hold back in telling her she was
pretty much ruining his life & she was doing a cr*p job I guess i
wasnt the only one who had complained as she quit soon after. Im
happy to say with a different teacher things are improving but kids
still remember he is an easy target. Most of his bullying is from his
so called 'best friend' I tell him to play with someone else but he has
said he doesnt have many friends so if he didnt play with ollie (who
regularly smacks/kicks him) he would have no one ......it breaks my
heart. Were we all so awful at such a young age? I
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:38 pm

A lesson! That's unreal 4 years old don't really have lessons anyway!! Sending him out is only showing to the other children that he's deserves it cos he's naughty or something. Wrong way to deal with it, you are right!! That's shocking!

They don't 'have lessons' at my daughter's school it is more nursery. 4 years old can be cruel and they are very good and pointing out some body's weakest points and I have just literally discovered that, personally I half blame the parents. Kids copy their parents don't they? Especially at this age.
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 pm

I did reply yesterday - seems the gremlins are at work again! Razz

We go through phases with J - it breaks your heart to think they are upset and you cant be there to help! :tear:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:44 pm

kay wrote:I did reply yesterday - seems the gremlins are at work again! Razz

We go through phases with J - it breaks your heart to think they are upset and you cant be there to help! :tear:

Its awful you just want them to have no worries at this age.

I have found loads of posts not showing , i thought it was my laptop messing about again.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:47 pm

No - we had some problems last week - its to do with the forum provider Rolling Eyes
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:57 pm

Oh what a horrible situation Sad It is so hard to believe children this young can be so cruel :iconsad:
:aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:58 am

:aww:kids really are cruel...but your daughter will get the idea in the end if shes bullied by this girl..
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Anyway on picking up my daughter from morning school today! She said she hasn't been any where near this girl! She played with the boys instead, she gets on better with boys. And, I think my daughter's got the message now cos when she looked in the mirror this morning before school at the injury at the side of her nose it has now grown into a huge crusty red stab overnight! And, it now looks horrible and it had shocked her! So she's staying well away from this girl now! cheers
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Aww that's great news :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down