Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel so important lol

+4
clairelana
donna4
kay
Helen
8 posters

Go down

I feel so important lol Empty I feel so important lol

Post by Helen Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:26 pm

I have just got a letter from the House of Commons with regards to laws protecting breastfeeding mums feeding in public. i had wrote to my local MP months ago and have finally got a reply. I am typing this out so might be a few spelling mistakes as i am NAK lol:

Dear helen,
I am writing in response to your letter regarding the rights of mothers to breastfeed their babies in public.

The Government has been very clear that it is entirely unlawful to prevent a woman from breastfeeding in public and mothers who wish to do so have been covered by the Sexual Discrimination Act since 1975. The Government intends to clarify a mother's right to breastfeed in public in the future Single Equality Bill.

However, concerns similar to yours, that a time limit might be placed upon the legal right for mothers to breastfeed, or that maternity rights will only refer to mothers with very young infants, have been expressed by health workers, MP's and in the press. There is an Early Day Motion, EDM 1886, which attempts to ensure that in the future Single Equality Bill there will not be a time limit placed upon the mother's legal right to breastfeed in public:

EDM 1886
BREASTFEEDING IN PUBLIC

Nicholas Winterton - That this House recognises the clear health benefits of breastfeeding; welcomes reports that legislative proposals on rights for women to breastfeed in public may be brought forward later in 2008; is concerned by reports that this right may only extend to the first six months of a child's life; and therefore calls on the Government to support calls by the Royal College of Midwifes for it to bring forward proposals that give mothers the legal right to breastfeed in public, with no time limit on that right.

Therefore, this issue is being recognised by Labour MPs. However unfortunately, as a Minister I am unable to sign any Early Day Motions. Therefore I have written to Ann Keen MP the Minister responsible for maternity matters, on your behalf and I will contact you again when I receive a response.

In the meantime if you have any further questions or comments on this or any other matter please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to do so.

Best Wishes
Shahid Malik MP
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

I feel so important lol Empty Re: I feel so important lol

Post by kay Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Well done Mrs!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:07 pm

so does that mean he actually has pasted it on for something to happen or just to make you think somethings happening??? only saying that as we all know what there like!
but fingers crossed you might get somewhere with this cheers
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Go girl......lol Nice one!
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:22 pm

Well done you! cheers
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:20 am

cheers well done you!! xxx

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:30 am

:welldone:

Didn't we have a pat on the back emoticon? Or did I imagine that?

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:02 pm

well done!!! xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down