Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When did you decide to breastfeed?

+8
jools
sunnysarah
Squiglet
salocius
donna4
angpixi
clairelana
gem1981
12 posters

Go down

When did you decide to breastfeed?

When did you decide to breastfeed? Vote_lcap93%When did you decide to breastfeed? Vote_rcap 93% 
[ 13 ]
When did you decide to breastfeed? Vote_lcap7%When did you decide to breastfeed? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
When did you decide to breastfeed? Vote_lcap0%When did you decide to breastfeed? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

When did you decide to breastfeed? Empty When did you decide to breastfeed?

Post by gem1981 Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Trying to come up with idea for my first essay, would appreciate some input please ladies xxx

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

When did you decide to breastfeed? Empty Re: When did you decide to breastfeed?

Post by clairelana Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:14 pm

I Knew i would breast feed before I got pregnant with number 2 Kaydi.
I tried with Lana but only lasted about 4 weeks. I didn't have any support. No one had told me how hard it would be. No one helped me at all. When i struggled they advised to give formula.

When we decided to try again, i started looking up breast feeding. I remembered how i felt when i had stopped feeding Lana. I researched the ins and outs. I joined forums read what problems others were having. I was so determined. I couldn't wait for her to be born so i could feed her. Its been hard at times and still can be but we love it.
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:01 pm

my mam bf both me and my bro so i guess i didnt give bottle feeding a second thought. i decided to conciously bf though when i was doing my nurse training (i also got pg while doing nurse training Embarassed ) i did a seminar on breastfeeding and totally convinced myself! (and 2 others who got pg not long after Laughing )
though i only bf my first 2 for 8 mths each (different reasons) i did want to feed longer. with no3 it just came naturally so the next two was no question! hth xx
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:07 pm

I always knew id bf all my kids, i tried with all of them the 1st 3 there was no suport at all, then blake i tried my best but also there still wasnt much suport untill afterwards!!! i was positioning blake wrong for 2 weeks and in agony before mw and hv decided i was in pain as doing it wrong!!!
when i have my last lo im going to succeed in bf!!! Very Happy
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by salocius Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:17 pm

When we started TCC i already made my mind up that i would :boob:. I tried with DD1 but i only lasted a few weeks due to all the pressure I had from everyone to give her formula plus I was 19yrs old and expected to fail.

This time round i've ignored what everyone says or advices apart from the good and positive advice. Plus my friend :boob: her lad so that also gave me an insentive. Plus i was informed that it was supposed to help you loose weight...... Well I ain't yet :tear:

salocius

Female Number of posts : 98
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Upset
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:42 pm

With both my girls I decided to bf'd before I got pregnant. My mum bf'd me and I just guess it seemed the normal thing to do.. Smile

I was 19 too when I got pregnant with Tia.. Salocius like you everyone expected me to fail and just resort to formula but because I was lucky and had my mum who was experienced in bf'ing she helped me loads and gave me tonnes of confidence.
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnysarah Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:46 pm

I`m the same as salocius, decided while ttc my dd. Failed miserably with my ds, due to being my first, ds not really wanting to feed, not getting much help. Yes they grabbed my boob & shoved it in his mouth but that doesn`t really show you how to bf. Then i was getting family saying give him a bottle he`s hungry so being new to it all i gave in after a very tearfull night. This time round i researched at lot more & thankfully my hospital now has a breast feeding councellor who i saw before i had my dd & while i was in there having her & it made all the difference. Still going strong 4 1/2 months later.
sunnysarah
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:33 pm

I decided before trying for Brody. I guess I just knew it was the obvious thing to do Very Happy
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by justcallmedaisy Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:03 pm

I always new I wanted to breastfeed before having children I am 8 months into feeding my second now and it isn't easy. I never realised two babies would be so different when it comes to feeding!

justcallmedaisy

Number of posts : 13
Tell us about yourself : Mummy of 2 beautiful boys. Currently feeding my second who is 7 months old now. I am also a Student Nurse and starting my own Company producing a Food Magazine called EAT...Derby. I have also launched the fantastic project: Just Call Me Daisy: A Breast Feeding Mothers Story. A book consisting of a collection of TRUE breast feeding stories and poems.
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:31 pm

I just took it for granted I would breastfeed, I had done some reading before hand plus my MW had asked me as well. I did NCT AN classes and there was a separate breastfeeding class. To me it was as natural as breathing.
I did realise it could be hard and was determined to take it one day at a time.
Tiny Terror was given formula (from a cup) when he was first born because the paeditrician insisted, and he had formula a couple of times while I was in the hospital. He also had a bit of formula when I got home - he woke up for a feed and DH was reluctant to wake me as I was so exhausted. Happily, (and I think because Tiny Terror puked up most of the formula he was given!) it didn't jeopardise my supply, and I am still breastfeeding 10 months later!

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by happy_chick Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:27 pm

I always thought I would give it a try so before pregnancy Smile
happy_chick
happy_chick

Female Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 pm

i have always took it for granted that i would :boob: bethany before i even got pregnant. I always thought it was the natural thing to do - formula didnt even enter my head. Although, when i was pregnant friends (who had ff) kept saying a lot of women cant :boob: .So i started to worry - would i be one of those women? I mentioned to the mw that i was thinking of buying some formula just in case i couldnt bf - she told me that apart from a very small number of women who cant, the vast majority of women can :boob: and that if i'm determined i can do it. And here we are 10 1/2 month on :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:23 pm

cheers

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum