Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANGPIXI...........

+2
jools
donna4
6 posters

Go down

ANGPIXI........... Empty ANGPIXI...........

Post by donna4 Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:22 pm

Hello, iv just been reading through these old posts and came across one you replyed to about been able to get a voucher from the council for cloth nappies, how do did you go about it please?
:aww:
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

ANGPIXI........... Empty Re: ANGPIXI...........

Post by jools Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:07 am

I'm gonna look into it too Donna - but can you really see our council doing anything like that?! Suspect lol!
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:32 am

i came across the cumbrian one in a local mag its part of the 'real nappy campaign' ive enclosed this link you might find something there or atleast a contact to get more info!

http://www.realnappycampaign.com/
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 am

or if you google real nappy campaign it seems to come up with the campaigns in different areas hth x x
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:51 am

THANKYOU ANG FOR YOUR HELP Smile
OH yeah jools i didnt think about that i will give up on that :pml:
donna4
donna4

Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:03 am

Ive just found a site well a few actually for where we are jools and you have to spend minimum of £50 to get money back! some give up to £30 back when you send them childs birth cirtificate and nappy recipts etc and the other site -- say you spend £100 they give you £50 back and so o, that one doesnt sound as good but go to lincolnshire county council site that seems best
Very Happy
donna4
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:51 am

Our council did a free starter kit,they send you £100 pounds worth of stuff to get you started and if you continue using 'real' nappies they send you £30 every 4 months or so as your saving on refuse etc.... If you call your local county council office they should be able to tell you all the incentives they run. Only down side is you dont get to choose a brand you get what you get .
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:05 am

emmiesmummy thankyou for that looking up number now for council see what they have to say!
Very Happy

Last edited by donna4 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
donna4
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:05 am

http://www.wen.org.uk/ has all infor you need, ot pop to your council office Very Happy
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:15 am

thankyou everyone iv rang council but our council dont help with these nappys which is rubbish jools was wright :tear:
donna4
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:04 pm

Donna my council is the same they do bugger all! It may be worth a try writing to them / emailing / ringing them to suggest they may like to start offering incentives. I did this months ago and just got told they would bare it in mind. But its worth mentioning and giving them the details for http://www.realnappycampaign.com/

It does my head in because i live in Dewsbury and i have a wakefield postcode and a wakefield phone number. Yet i dont reside in wakefield council or i'd get incentives! Instead i am classed as kirkless council Mad
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Girls you should push them on it! email, write, ring asking about when it will change. Get your friends to do it or even maybe get media on your side- i'm sure you have local newspapers or radio stations- pple will do anything to brag on councils so take an opportunity LOL
Maybe a survey done on few local groups to see/ show how many pple would be interested in really nappy, providing council would chip in? just few ideas. Nothing will change unless you will help it happen! Wink
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down