Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What else can I take?

3 posters

Go down

What else can I take? Empty What else can I take?

Post by Squiglet Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:22 pm

I've been having constant headaches. They last around 3/4 days. Its the 11th today and I've just started with my second headache since Jan 1st. I end up getting very tired and very dizzy when I have them.

I'm currently taking paracetamol (1g) and Ibuprofen (600mg) a couple of times a day... well basically the maximum I can take when I have them. And really doesn't do very much. I still have them. I've tried several homopathic remedies and other things that are natural remedies and well they are just poop...Rolling Eyes

The pain will wake me up from sleep and in general makes it almost impossible to function... I suppose they are migraines rather than headaches, but usually migraine sufferers paint a far worse picture about their symptoms than I seem to be suffering.

I've been to my doctor about it but he refuses point blank to treat me unless I quit bfing. I have complained but nothing will happen and its going to take at least 6 months before I get to move doctors (bloody Spanish paperwork)

So what can I take in the mean time? Lil miss will go 8 hours between feed, but I do express in that time.. Sad If I wait to change my GP and I'm having 3 4 day headaches a month that means I'll spend 72 days popping pills and being in pain Sad That can't be good Sad
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

What else can I take? Empty Re: What else can I take?

Post by Kasia80 Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm just wondering... are those tension headaches... did you have your eyes tested recenlty?
Cocodamol should be ok, esp considering your gilr is almost 1 year old! you can get it over the counter at pharmacy here, not sure how in Spain, but should you want some I could post it to you... its paracetamol and codeine.
Accupuncture and massage highly reccomended!
:aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:56 pm

OOoo I forgot to say I got my eyes tested last week... I thought it might be my eyes too as I often get blurred vision during a headache, but no they are totally fine..

I got a massage for my Christmas box, had that on Friday, and had the start of another headache last night, but I do have terrible muscle problems in my neck and back, so maybe its purely down to that..

But at least I know I can take cocodemol...I'm definitely going to try that Smile Thank you... Smile
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Codeine is fine... I take it (get on prescription) from my docs.

Try applying vapour rub on your temples as well, that helps too!

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum