Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not feeding much during the day

2 posters

Go down

Not feeding much during the day Empty Not feeding much during the day

Post by sunnysarah Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Penny will be 8 months on the 10th. I`m doing blw with her which is going well. But i`ve noticed that she hardly feeds of me during the day, but still wakes 2-3 times from late evening & through the night. She`ll probaly have about 4/5 :boob: feeds throughout the day but is really only on me a few minutes. She was weighed on wednesday & has put on a 1lb and a 1/2 in 4wks so weight gain is fine. She`s happy alert etc. So is this normall to be less interested in :boob: during the day. She makes up for it at night by feeding off both but this can happen 2/3 times in the night & it`s taking it`s toll on me now, i`m just so tired. Any ideas how to get her to sleep longer???
sunnysarah
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Not feeding much during the day Empty Re: Not feeding much during the day

Post by emmiesmummy Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 pm

:aww: sorry i dont have any advice as Emily feeds all night,as shes often to busy to want foods in the day !!
I think often at this age as they are more mobile,inquisitive etc..they feel to busy to spend much time on food & therefore make up for it at night. Do you co-sleep ? Some of the girls find this means they are not disturbed as much,having said that i think it depends on the baby,Emily sleeps with us & squirms about so much ,kicking and taking up most of the bed we still get pretty disturbed either way !!
Hope you manage to find a solution :aww:
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnysarah Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 am

I`m not a fan of co-sleeping to be honest. I like my bed to myself lol!!!. I do put her in with me from about 4 or 5 am onwards if she wakes around that time cos she won`t settle back in her cot after that time. She then feeds on & off till about 7. But i can`t sleep when she`s in there as for one i`m normally propped up on one elbow which goes numb after awhile lol & i just can`t relax totally.

I think she too is just to interested in whats going on around her during the day to bother about feeding, oh well guess i shall just have to put up with it for abit longer!!!
sunnysarah
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down