Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth control

5 posters

Go down

Birth control Empty Birth control

Post by rhi'smummy Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi, this was mentioned on the friday night chat, but can anyone give me some more, personal if poss, info. I'm thinking of getting one of those implant types, but have heard different things, some people have said they're more trouble than they're worth, but some love them. I'm rubbish with the mini pill, there's such a small window of time to take it, and if we have to rely on condoms...
Can anyone advise?
Mary
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Birth control Empty Re: Birth control

Post by Kasia80 Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:59 pm

There is a sticky in Resource centre about Birth control and Breastfeeding:
https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/Resource-centre-f24/Birth-Control-And-Breastfeeding-t140.htm

I have hormonal implant since Easter. Personally I would say it is working for me much better tha pill (combined) I had since John was born. Less hassle, don't need to remember to take it, I can breastfeed and there is a chance period will never come back.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:00 pm

I used to take the mini pill but I gave up with it, I am interested in the implant but I know a few people had problems with it.

I just use condoms Smile
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:26 pm

when we use birth control i use the coil, i cant tolerate the hormones from the pill etc however my friend has used the implant and says it was better than taking the pill or the injection.
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:43 am

I had the implant, it made me bleed constantly, if you have it in they wont allow you to have it out for at least 6 months, thats what my docter told me because its expesive to just take out right away, so i bleed for a whole 6 months, Mad i was not impressed.. needless to say it was removed as soon as 6 months was up, but everyone reacts differently :aww:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:20 am

Its not truth, Fiona Shocked ! If you want it out they have to take it out even if it is 6 days after puting it in!
your doctor is really useless, and I would consider reporting him, because I haven't heard one good word about him from you, and all advice he's been giving you is bad and harming! Evil or Very Mad Mad

And if something like this happens- bleeding a lot the should give you hormonal pill to help with few first weeks, and then if you still bleed you can have it taken out.
My friend had implant in just before I did, before Easter and she took it out in June and no one even said a word. They decided they want another child.
Bleeding is not common, its just like when you start the pill- i bleed 3 weeks with my first time.
It is truth implant is most expensive method on NHS- it costs around £100 just for implant. But thy can't just make you "have " it"

Dose of hormons in implant is low, and its effective only because they are relised steadlily.
And another word of warning- fertility comes back straight after removing implant, it is possible to get pregnant even week later! I think there is a mom in here who didn't knew that...

There is a new "mini pill" on trial, just like mini pill, but therre is a 12 hours "forgeting window"- like with combination pill. It has progresteron only so its suitable for bf mothers.

I would like to add, that any hormonal contraceptive method could be used after 6 mnths from delivery by breastfeeding mother; supply is established by then, baby is assumed to be starting solids and there is smaller risk of hormons affecting supply or even if it happens baby will be less exposed, because of solids. But personally,I would not trust this opinion. Maya is almost 9 mntsh and milk is still her main meal.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:15 am

Omg katie, thats really made me man, so i went through 6 months of misery for nothing, im certainly looking at changing docters now Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:41 am

I think you should hun... It will be a def. good idea after all bad that came from this "doctor" of yours. :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:32 am

i'm the one that didn't know you were fertile immediately after having implant out! Embarassed lol! (hence where we are now.............)

I had copper coil b4 that but didnt suit me- felt like my womb was constantly trying to expell it!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:05 pm

Kay! I really forgot it was you, lol! :aww: :aww: :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:05 pm

Fiona!!! Move doctors, their bloomin useless!!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down