Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I introduce myself

+6
kay
angpixi
jools
Natasha
Kasia80
crazymummy
10 posters

Go down

Can I introduce myself Empty Can I introduce myself

Post by crazymummy Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Horray, finally, I've been reading through the threads on here and waiting for my membership to be accepted, finally I can post Very Happy .

Hello everyone, I'm Jade from Brighton. I have a nearly 7 year old girl and an 11 week old baby girl.

I breastfed my eldest daughter until she was about 8 months. She was very slow at gaining weight and the health visitor was constantly trying to push me into switching to formula, she never even considered to refer me to a BFing counselor or even watched me :boob:. (love that icon by the way). She told me to make sure I eat well, but that was the extent of her advice as far as BFing was concerned. It was really upsetting and I was in tears everytime she left. One time I was so upset when she went raided the fridge to eat loads of cheese and yoghurt as I really didn't want to give up and ended up making myself sick. When my daughter was about 3 months, HV came to wiegh her and she had lost a little bit of weight and gone down one centile, (she was genarally on the 2nd centile, so low down but always consistently gaining until now) We were admitted into hospital for a week where I had to BF her every 4 hours, no less no more so they could keep and eye on her weight, when we were discharged I had to feed her at least a certain amount of prescribed high energy formula. Then the worse thing was, when I got home I looked at her red book and the stupid woman (HV) had plotted her weight on the chart wrong and she had not lost weight but it had stayed the same. I managed to continue Breastfeeding up until 8 months which I was very proud of, it got less and less and jusy t kind of phased out.

But breastfeeding my second daughter has been so much better. It's so different to the first time, doing it this time has made me realise how wrong I got it the first time and how little help I got, when there's so much that could have been easily solved. I've developed quite a passion for it, I've been reading a lot and I've joined a breastfeeding supprt group. I would really like to become a Breastfeeding Counseller to help other women who went through what I did the first time as I could have so easily given up, which I would have deeply regretted. A lot of mums who I've met at baby groups have also given up due to minor problems, which is fine if that's what they want, but it seems, even with all the support there is out there, many women do not know of it, I had to find out about support groups myself, something which I did not think of first time round. Mothers, especially first time mothers will believe in what health proffesionals tell them, you think there's no reason to doubt them. When it comes to problems, HVs with little or no knowledge will tell you to switch to formula,which makes me very angry when there is other ways to help. I know it's not like that in all cases, but it certainly has been in my experience. If only I had known the first time what I know now, it would ahve been a much more enjoyable experience and maybe I would have done it for longer.

I really love the bond I have with my baby, the way she stares at me with her big beautiful eyes, I look forward to feeding times, and she is gaining weight so well. I hope to do it for as long as she wants it.

Anyway, sorry it's so long, hope you haven't fallen asleep by now, and hope to get chatting with you all soon.

Jade xx
crazymummy
crazymummy

Female Number of posts : 76
Tell us about yourself : I've got 2 gorgeous girls and I love being a breastfeeding mum.
Your mood today : Wary
Thanks and Reputation points : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Can I introduce myself Empty Re: Can I introduce myself

Post by Kasia80 Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Hey Jade, Welcome to the forum! Feel free to snoop around and post/ brag/ rant as much as you like :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:06 am

:aww: Welcome to the forum

Its great to see you are doing well and please don't feel bad about your previous bfing experience, she still had a great amount of the golden booby milk!

As Katie says feel free to post/brag and rant as much as you want!

All like minded ladies here!! :boob:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:34 am

Hello and welcome :aww: :aww: :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 am

👋 hello and welcome Very Happy :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:15 am

Your story is so similar to that of many on here! :aww:

welcome to the forum - look forward to getting to know you better 👋
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by crazymummy Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks everyone for such quick replies. Nice to meet you all. Great to meet like minded people bliss
crazymummy
crazymummy

Tell us about yourself : I've got 2 gorgeous girls and I love being a breastfeeding mum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi!

You will definately find lots of like minded mummies here. Your story is a familiar one.

Anyway welcome and looking firward to chatting!!

Lisa x

Ps I LOVE the :boob: icon too!!!
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself : Lisa, Mummy to Emily, 14 & Hebe: My Little Pickle...x
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : -1
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 pm

cheers welcome to the forum
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi, just wanted to say that bit you said about 'the bond with my baby, the way she stares at me with her big beautiful eyes', I just dont see why everyone doesn't love it. Rhianna is 2 now, but I still get that, its the only time she sits still. She gazes up at me and strokes my cheek, it really is magic.
Welcome and good luck with becoming a breastfeeding counseller, La Leche would be a good place to start.
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:22 pm

:wlp:

It is a great place to chat to people who know exactly how you feel - BF is magical and it is such a special time (broody moment!!)

Look forward to chatting xx
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by crazymummy Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 pm

I know what you mean, I'm dreading when those days are over, makes me sad just thinking about it Sad, but hopefully there's plenty more time for at and I'm hoping for more babies to come.
crazymummy
crazymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down