Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just What We Need!!!

+8
ldnug
kay
Mervs Mum
angpixi
Natasha
Kasia80
xCatx
mummy2008
12 posters

Go down

Just What We Need!!! Empty Just What We Need!!!

Post by mummy2008 Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:19 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board!!
My name is Hannah!! Nice to virtually meet you all!! Smile
I had my baby in December 2008!! A baby girl weighing 6lbs 7oz.

One of the biggest problems I suffered was breastfeeding!!
In the hospital it took just under 2 days for Ava to latch on properly and just as I thought all my worries were over I realised that I'm quite uncomfortable breastfeeding in public. I'm not sure if its just me, though I hear that many other woman have experienced the same thing.

I really didnt want to start bottle feeding outdoors so I usually just draped a huge blanket over myself and took it from there.

Though!! Two weeks ago, in a London cafe, I saw a woman breastfeeding her baby with somekind of sling. It fascinated me!!

So I asked her where she got it from. And I ordered one myself and it helps!! Like, I can breastfeed Ava without struggling to get the blanket right, or worrying that people can see.

If anyone wants to see what it looks like, here is the site that I got mine
http://www.breastfeedingpouch.co.uk/

Though what I don't understand is why nobody knows about these things?? This would have really helped me with my breastfeeding a few months back.

I think its important that if we find any useful breastfeeding aids, that we should promote them for other mums. So I started off, does anyone else have anything that can help breastfeeding in public??
Lets post them!!

Its something so natural so we shouldnt have to be made to feel like we are doing something wrong!!

Look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!!! Very Happy

mummy2008

Number of posts : 3
Tell us about yourself : I'm Hannah and I had a hard time breastfeeding but now, I want to share the things that helped!!
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Just What We Need!!! Empty Re: Just What We Need!!!

Post by xCatx Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:42 am

Ooh, that looks good, I wish I'd seen that when I first had Oliver! I use:
http://www.babybubu.co.uk/?p=1&c=breastfeeding_covers
It's fab and folds up really small, into any handbag.
Mervsmum uses the Poncho I think.

xCatx

Female Number of posts : 11
Tell us about yourself : 33 year old mummy, with 4 month old boy. He is 100% breastfed and loves every second of it!!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mummy2008 Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:56 am

Oh wow!!

I love all the pretty patterns too!!

Thanks for posting this!!

mummy2008

Tell us about yourself : I'm Hannah and I had a hard time breastfeeding but now, I want to share the things that helped!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:19 pm

mummy2008 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new to this board!!
My name is Hannah!! Nice to virtually meet you all!! Smile
I had my baby in December 2008!! A baby girl weighing 6lbs 7oz.

One of the biggest problems I suffered was breastfeeding!!
In the hospital it took just under 2 days for Ava to latch on properly and just as I thought all my worries were over I realised that I'm quite uncomfortable breastfeeding in public. I'm not sure if its just me, though I hear that many other woman have experienced the same thing.

I really didnt want to start bottle feeding outdoors so I usually just draped a huge blanket over myself and took it from there.

Though!! Two weeks ago, in a London cafe, I saw a woman breastfeeding her baby with somekind of sling. It fascinated me!!

So I asked her where she got it from. And I ordered one myself and it helps!! Like, I can breastfeed Ava without struggling to get the blanket right, or worrying that people can see.

If anyone wants to see what it looks like, here is the site that I got mine
http://www.breastfeedingpouch.co.uk/

Though what I don't understand is why nobody knows about these things?? This would have really helped me with my breastfeeding a few months back.

I think its important that if we find any useful breastfeeding aids, that we should promote them for other mums. So I started off, does anyone else have anything that can help breastfeeding in public??
Lets post them!!

Its something so natural so we shouldnt have to be made to feel like we are doing something wrong!!

Look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!!! Very Happy
Hi and welcome to the forum!
we have whole section dedicated to baby wearing
https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/babywearing-f42/

I'm rubbish with tips lol, I just whip boob out- even now at 26months Wink
here is few topics on bf in public:
https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/general-chat-f19/advice-on-feeding-in-public-t2097.htm?highlight=breastfeeding+in+public
https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/general-chat-f19/i-thought-it-was-legal-to-breastfeed-in-public-t1735.htm?highlight=breastfeeding+in+public
https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/general-chat-f19/feeding-in-public-t1376.htm?highlight=breastfeeding+in+public
https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/general-chat-f19/i-ve-finally-breastfed-in-public-yeah-t1043.htm?highlight=breastfeeding+in+public

:aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Welcome and hello!! 👋
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:02 pm

Hello and welcome! 👋 Im feeding my 5th so i dont really care anymore and i am really small so theres not much t see anyway!! My tip though has always been layers so you can pull one up and pull one down if you know what i mean!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Welcome!!

I used the poncho that xCatx mentioned to start with but now we have got so good at doing it I hardly ever bother. I can whip my boob out with Hebe in a position that keeps me covered and she just gets on and off we go!!

My hot tip is 'belly bands' that you get when you're pregnant. I wear one under my normal cloths and then I can lift a normal top with out showing my midriff!! I just bought a 3 pack from New Look - black, grey, white and they work under pretty much everything!!
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself : Lisa, Mummy to Emily, 14 & Hebe: My Little Pickle...x
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : -1
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:55 pm

hello, welcome to the forum! 👋
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:52 pm

welcome

They look like a good idea for those who are less confident about BF in public but I ws like Katie and Ang as long as there are layers or the BF belt to cover the belly (overhang!!) I was not self conscious.

There are also some BF tops but these can be quite pricey.
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Hello and welcome cheers :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Hello 👋

I no longer feed lil miss in public. Shes a tad on the big side now and people stare as well as the fact that whats going on in the world is far more interesting and she pulls off, has a look around exposing my boob to the world. Can't be having that, so its designated to the house sadly... People are too weird about breastfeeding still Sad Still don't understand this "its ok to see a mans nipple but not a womans doing what it was intended to do!" thing.

I used a sling and had an array of pashimas in different colours that I threw over myself. Smile Cheap cheerful and people rarely noticed as I'd ofted wear the pashimas over my shoulders or as a scarf so people didn't really notice when I spread it out. Smile And LAYERS are the key as angpixi said Smile
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mummy2008 Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi everyone!!

Thank you all for your Welcomes!!

Its great to hear how everyone copes with breastfeeding in public!!

It really helps my confidence!!

I'm going to try the layers idea the next time I go out and then see how I feel!!

thank you for the advice!!

Hannah!!!

mummy2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Moon Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 pm

I usualy nurse in a ring sling. I just toss the "tail" over if I have too. Most of the time I don't though. Nobody even knows what I'm doing. I've had a few suprized people when they look a little closer without asking. LOL.

Amethyst Moon

Female Number of posts : 3
Tell us about yourself : I've nursed all three of my boys. I'm still nursing my 33 month old and my 12 month old.
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Amethyst Moon wrote:I usualy nurse in a ring sling. I just toss the "tail" over if I have too. Most of the time I don't though. Nobody even knows what I'm doing. I've had a few suprized people when they look a little closer without asking. LOL.

Me too - I feel like a seasoned pro after just 5 months!! My vicar stood chatting to me for several minutes before he finally noticed I was nursing and apologised as he just hadnt noticed!
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself : Lisa, Mummy to Emily, 14 & Hebe: My Little Pickle...x
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : -1
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Mervs Mum wrote:
Amethyst Moon wrote:I usualy nurse in a ring sling. I just toss the "tail" over if I have too. Most of the time I don't though. Nobody even knows what I'm doing. I've had a few suprized people when they look a little closer without asking. LOL.

Me too - I feel like a seasoned pro after just 5 months!! My vicar stood chatting to me for several minutes before he finally noticed I was nursing and apologised as he just hadnt noticed!

Hahahaa.. I had the same thing when lil miss was tiny with this little old woman who I was chatting to and then just came up and yanked my shawl off me to see the baby and saw me breastfeeding in all my glory. You'd have thought I was breastfeeding a monkey from the look on her face. Was her own fault though, I was in a quiet area, in the hospital. Razz
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by just Rachel Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Hello and welcome x
just Rachel
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum