Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedwetting

5 posters

Go down

Bedwetting Empty Bedwetting

Post by ldnug Sun May 10, 2009 7:53 am

Just after a bit of advice about Connor

He is five in June and is still having to wear pull-ups at night. He has been clean and dry since 2yr 9mnths and never had accidents in the day. I know it is quite common for children of his age (particularly boys) but just wanted some other mums experiences/advice.

I have tried out his bed time drink (limiting liquids two hours before), he has a wee before bed and we have tried waking him at our bedtime.

He is now wetting through the pull up and onto his bed which means he is passing an awful lot of urine at night. I do wonder whether he is drinking enough at school as limited fluids in the day can make bedwetting worse.

Have looked at a number of websites but just want some 'real' advice now from our panel of experts Very Happy
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Bedwetting Empty Re: Bedwetting

Post by ldnug Thu May 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Anyone??
ldnug
ldnug

Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 pm

Aww sorry hun - i missed this one!

I havent got any hands on experience im sorry - but you seem to be doing the right things. Have you tried him in the pyjama pants rather than pullups? i think they are a little more absorbant, but im not sure of the sizes.
It might also be worth having a chat with your GP or HV to rule out any potential issues.

:aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri May 15, 2009 7:52 am

I agree with Kay, sorry Lisa I read it and forgot to reply Embarassed

Also have you had a chat with the school about whether he is drinking enough?
They may have noticed something or what about the possibilty that hes being teased? I know that sounds abit daft but he could be getting teased and bed wetting can be a sign of that.

:aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Fri May 15, 2009 8:35 am

sorry no hands on experience myself, but i remember my eldest having a friend to stay who was 9 at the time & she was still wetting the bed & eventually grew out of it that year. I know my brother wet the bed till he was about 9/10 too! Sorry i know thats not much help but some children might just take longer,pyjama pants are a good idea as i think they are more 'grown up' looking and as Kay says as they are for older children probably hold a bit better
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Fri May 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Sorry hun i have no advice as i've not been through any of this cos bethany is my first :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat May 16, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks girls xxx

I think the teasing would fit if it had just started but as it is something he has never been able to do (be dry at night) I think I can rule it out.

I have spoken to the school but the responsibility is put more on him that them to be honest - they always have access to water!

I looked for the pyjama pants but cannot seem to find them - the pullups are big enough for him and they seem to be very absorbant - he loves them as they have cars or buzz lightyear on them aswell!

We have been waking him at 9 and 11 and this is preventing the leaking but I think it is an age thing. I am going to discuss things with the dr in the six weeks hols but I think they will just suggest the same things we are doing - but I want to rule out any underlying medical issues.

Once again thanks for the replies - jus nice to bounce ideas off others !!
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sat May 16, 2009 11:48 am

My mums just said that she thinks that shes read somewhere about an alarm you can get from the doctors because in some kids when the brain is sending a signal to a muscle that wakes a child up to go toilet in night, some kids' muscles dont wake them up or something. And there is an alarm that when the muscle signifies the need for toilet the alarm goes off to wake the child. dont no if this info would help but thought i'd share :aww:
Helen
Helen

Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat May 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Saw that on a bedwetting site - but it is not recommended under 6 apparently .
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm

ldnug wrote:Saw that on a bedwetting site - but it is not recommended under 6 apparently .
i'd never even heard of it, just i mentioned bedwetting to my mum cos she was down for the weekend. We both thought it was a bit extreme though tbh Shocked Hopefully things will sort themselves out soon, but if not i hope the doctor can help :aww:
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon May 18, 2009 12:00 pm

How is it going now Lisa? have you found out much more?

Does he wee much in the day?
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Mon May 18, 2009 7:31 pm

He does wee a lot.

He has not been as bad but having to wake him twice a night - he still has some wee in the pull up but I am not going to stress as it is quite common among boys (it was just the soaking through that was difficult!)
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon May 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Oh im glad his weeing has gone down at night and the getting up again is helping. :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Wed May 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Small steps!!
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum