Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back pain

+3
kay
angpixi
crazymummy
7 posters

Go down

back pain Empty back pain

Post by crazymummy Mon May 25, 2009 8:25 pm

I am having serious back pain at the moment, I think i've done myself some damage. Paracetamol etc hasn't helped. I'm going to go to the docs soon, but I want to be armed with info first. Does anyone know if there is anything that I can take that's safe when BFing? A friend told me her friend had back pain, and doc gave her something and she had to stop BFing. Or is there anywhere I can look for reliable info.

Thanks xx
crazymummy
crazymummy

Female Number of posts : 76
Tell us about yourself : I've got 2 gorgeous girls and I love being a breastfeeding mum.
Your mood today : Wary
Thanks and Reputation points : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

back pain Empty Re: back pain

Post by angpixi Mon May 25, 2009 9:47 pm

sorry not sure myself but i do know theres a thread on here that will help. hope you get better soon :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon May 25, 2009 10:12 pm

you may get some answers here hun

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/index.html
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue May 26, 2009 7:42 am

Re the back pain, is it to do with what position you feed in? or have you sufferd with it before?

You can use heat packs on the area, and if you can afford it (or maybe get referred) to go and see a Chiroprator?
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crazymummy Tue May 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Thanks, I'll have a look at the link and have a search for the thread.

I don't think it's to do with a feeding position. I think it's from picking baby up, although it came on very suddenly. I try to keep a good posture, but it'sbloomin hard sometimes.
crazymummy
crazymummy

Tell us about yourself : I've got 2 gorgeous girls and I love being a breastfeeding mum.

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue May 26, 2009 8:34 pm

I have on & off chronic back pains,mainly from my bust and also i had pelvic disorder when preggers. I cope with the odd trip when its bad to have a swedish massage done,it can be rather intense & at times bloody painful but its finished off with a lovely all over rub done as a treat & it frees me up normally for about 6 weeks. I did see an osteopath for a bit but hated the bone cracking & docs offered strong painkillers which i wasnt interested in.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerpig Tue May 26, 2009 8:36 pm

http://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/pdfs/Analgesics_and_Breastfeeding_March_2009.pdf lists all the ones you can and can't take. it's based on the latest research, but some gp's/pharmacists dont realise you can take ibuprofen whilst bf. There should be enough pain relief options for you to refuse any that would interfere with bf. If you want more information, try phoning the drugline, info here: http://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/drugs-in-breastmilk.html You won't get an immediate response, but you will get one at some point.

As others have said, heat massage, chiro etc can all help too. Bug hugs because its horrible to be in pain and carrying your baby.

gingerpig

Female Number of posts : 38
Tell us about yourself : I'm 38 and a SAHM. My daughter was born 10th Feb 2007 and my son born 28th Jan 2009. I am tandem feeding them and am a breast feedinghelper with the BfN. I had big problems feeding DD at first, but now it couldn't be going better Smile
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://gingerpiggy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Wed May 27, 2009 7:41 am

I hope your back feels better soon :aww: :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by crazymummy Sun May 31, 2009 9:41 am

It's been a lot better now. I took some ibuprofen the other day and it helped a lot. Midwife advised ibuprofen and paracetamol for afterbirth pains, but the pharmacist told me i couldn't take it when BF. Asked midwife and she said it's fine, but I know what pharmacists are like anyway.

I still have to be careful, but it's managable now. My auntie does massage so I'll have to get her to give me one Very Happy
crazymummy
crazymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun May 31, 2009 6:08 pm

:aww: I am glad its abit better, I do hope you find something that can help to treat it for a more long term than short.

I really think also you should look into accupuncture, wonderful things can be done with that Very Happy
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sun May 31, 2009 6:50 pm

I fully reccomend accpuncture - i had it in pregnancy, and it was fab! If you are lucky, some GPs practice, or can give you an NHS referral (you would be perfect candidate with breastfeeding). Otherwise they are around about £20 -£25 a session - but i found i only needed 2 sessions!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down