Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

+4
kay
angpixi
Kasia80
HarrysMummy
8 posters

Go down

Announcement Hello

Post by HarrysMummy Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:22 am

Hi there 👋

Just joined up! :newhere: My name is Rachel an I am a proud breastfeeding Mummy to my 13month (nearly) old son Harry who loves :boob: ! He's also my Ergo baby...we've been :slingb: ing it for quite some time too Smile

We struggled a lot in his first few days :iconsad: ....he was very weak and sleepy after a traumtatic entrance onto the world after a very fast induction. I was hit so hard by the baby blues that I was telling the midwives to just give him formula Sad. But luckly for me....they were all very pro :bfin9: so they helped me to express the litle colostrum I had to feed Harry through his ng tube (he did have formula via the tube and cup feeds for 2 days Embarassed ) and then kept coming into see me and help latch Harry on until he perfected it! Since then we've never looked back and love booby cuddles more than anything! :rolllaugh:

We've had many an opinionated remark from the out laws Rolling Eyes .....along the lines of 'it's very convienent that she bf's....she should put him on a bottle so we can have him for a day once a week'!!!! :wtf?!: :stickup1: Also i've been called selfish! So I'm sure you will understand my dislike for the out laws! They have driven me a little bit mad over the past year! :nervesmile:

Any hoo...I'm waffling! :nah nah:

Looking forward to chatting!

Rachel and Harry

Last edited by HarrysMummy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)

HarrysMummy

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : Hi....I'm Rachel, I'm 24 and mummy to breastfed, newly cloth bottomed and Ergo riding Harry who is nearly 13 months old....Intend to keep going with booby for as long as he is happy to do so!
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: Hello

Post by Kasia80 Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:29 pm

HarrysMummy wrote:Hi there 👋

Just joined up! :newhere: My name is Rachel an I am a proud breastfeeding Mummy to my 13month (nearly) old son Harry who loves :boob: ! He's also my Ergo baby...we've been :slingb: ing it for quite some time too Smile

We struggled a lot in his first few days :iconsad: ....he was very weak and sleepy after a traumtatic entrance onto the world after a very fast induction. I was hit so hard by the baby blues that I was telling the midwives to just give him formula Sad. But luckly for me....they were all very pro :bfin9: so they helped me to express the litle colostrum I had to feed Harry through his ng tube (he did have formula via the tube and cup feeds for 2 days Embarassed ) and then kept coming into see me and help latch Harry on until he perfected it! Since then we've never looked back and love booby cuddles more than anything! :rolllaugh:

We've had many an opinionated remark from the out laws Rolling Eyes .....along the lines of 'it's very convienent that she bf's....she should put him on a bottle so we can have him for a day once a week'!!!! :wtf?!: :stickup1: Also i've been called selfish! So I'm sure you will understand my dislike for the out laws! They have driven me a little bit mad over the past year! :nervesmile:

Any hoo...I'm waffling! :nah nah:

Looking forward to chatting!

Rachel and Harry

Hi and BIG welcome to the Forum. Its great to have you here.
I'm sorry to hear about bad start to your breastfeeding journey and your in laws :wtf?!: Some people- don't worry my MIL is the same lol! :crazy: but i like your way of dealing with issues! and even more I like your midwifes! clap to them and bliss :cheer: to you for breastfeeding for 13 months!! :welldone:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:06 pm

hello! 👋 welcome to the forum, look forward to getting to know you! :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Haha - love your intro! I have same attitude off the (very few) outlaws I still have anything to do with! The one is a complete health freak (or so she thinks) yet is discusted that I breastfeed - even more so that we are still going strong at 16 months! :welldone:

Glad you came through your rocky start ! :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by HarrysMummy Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Thank you ladies!! :aww:

I can see myself getting to like it here :cheer: ...Don't really have anyone passionate about booby to talk to (DP is as much us a choclate tea pot :pml: although he is supportive and knows the benefits etc) I do have a friend who thinks her LO is ready to stop booby....I'll direct her this way should she need any support Wink

I will do my best to post as often as I can....DP suffers with chronic fatigue syndrome and is having a bad time of it at the mo....so I'm often busy dealing with both my boys.

Outlaws ay....who needs them! :rolleyes3: Hopefully...now younger SIL is pg, the pressure will be off me as Harry won't be the youngest! :welldone:

Well.....I think I'm needed....will be back soon...maybe later this evening to join in with more chat! :jump: bliss

Hooray for friendly boards!! That's 2 I've joined that have really made me feel welcome I love you

Thanks again!

Rachel and Harry

HarrysMummy

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : Hi....I'm Rachel, I'm 24 and mummy to breastfed, newly cloth bottomed and Ergo riding Harry who is nearly 13 months old....Intend to keep going with booby for as long as he is happy to do so!
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:28 pm

Welcome to the forum!! bliss
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:49 am

cheers Hi Rachel from another Rachel, welcome and well done for standing strong and ignoring the outlaws cheers
Rachel
Rachel

Female Number of posts : 50
Tell us about yourself : Mum of two, Oli 4 yrs ( breastfed for 18 months) and Evie 16 months old and still going strong.
Primary teacher and married to a secondary teacher and a wonderful hubby who completely supports me in breastfeeding.
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:47 am

Hello and welcome 👋 :aww:

I am lucky enough to hardly ever see the in laws even though they only live up the hill (but that's a story for another day Wink Laughing )
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 am

hi and welcome hun x x x
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum