Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olivia wanted to breastfeed

+4
Squiglet
kay
gingerpig
Natasha
8 posters

Go down

topic 5 Olivia wanted to breastfeed

Post by Natasha Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:02 pm

👋 Hellooooo

Well feeding Lottie has been a breezeeeee Very Happy she loves booby, loves being with mummy and co sleeps like a gooden :welldone:

Olivia has taken quite well to Lottie but has had a few tantrums and lashing out at her ( has attempted to hit Charlotte etc :awno: ) but we are getting there!

Well two days ago in the morning it was just me Lottie and Livi, I started to feed Charlotte and Olivia said could she have booby.
I was fully prepared that this may happen and feeling slightly reserved I let her.

She just put her mouth on me a few times and half attempted to suck, she wasn't sure and turned round and said that she didn't want to anymore, she asked again but I said we would go and get breakfast and she ran to go down stairs.

I will be 100% honest here.....

I hated it :iconsad: , just felt really awkward and weird and I really didn't like the feeling of both being on at the same time.

I felt and still feel awful about how my feelings when she did it. I hated it that much I have done everything I can to avoid her doing it again Sad

I was well up for letting her when pregnant but in reality it was very different.

Shes asked twice sinse but I distracted her and she soon forgot then today while trying a bottle I asked her if she wanted to feed Charlotte (had to express for OHs parents as I couldn't take her to the register office because of pig flu Rolling Eyes ) she let Charlotte have a few sucks and then drank it herself Razz though only had 3 mouthfulls before telling me she didn't like mummy baby milk Neutral

So there you go thats whats been going on with me!

:slingb:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

topic 5 Re: Olivia wanted to breastfeed

Post by gingerpig Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Awwww don't feel bad about it (((((hugs you))))) Tbh even though I am tandem feeding, I really, really try hard to avoid feeding both at the same time as it can be really awkward and I do occassionally have strong feelings of wanting DD to wean. It's just one of those things, the main thing is you let her have a go, and then she tried your milk in a bottle and she didn't like it, so Olivia's made the choice which is fab! Well done lovely mummy xxx

gingerpig

Female Number of posts : 38
Tell us about yourself : I'm 38 and a SAHM. My daughter was born 10th Feb 2007 and my son born 28th Jan 2009. I am tandem feeding them and am a breast feedinghelper with the BfN. I had big problems feeding DD at first, but now it couldn't be going better Smile
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://gingerpiggy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 pm

:aww: Thank you.

Just couldn't get my head round why I felt like I did when I felt so positive about the idea of doing it.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerpig Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Awwwww give yourself a break, Lottie's still really, really new and you're still in mummy tiger mode where anyone outside of you and your new baby almost gets in the way. I know exactly how that feels, it's not like the older child is replaced or you love them any less, just that your focus is naturally on the younger one and it's irritating and weird to have to think about something else. Blame it on hormones, it does get much better Smile

gingerpig

Female Number of posts : 38
Tell us about yourself : I'm 38 and a SAHM. My daughter was born 10th Feb 2007 and my son born 28th Jan 2009. I am tandem feeding them and am a breast feedinghelper with the BfN. I had big problems feeding DD at first, but now it couldn't be going better Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://gingerpiggy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:24 pm

:aww:

Jamie asked to try my milk not long after i had Corey, so i gave him some expresses in a cup. he said 'no, can i have it like Corey does', so i let him try, but he couldnt latch at all (he was nearly 4).
I felt very awkward with it, but didnt let it show - I had a feeling it would arise, and like you, had thought, well, they can try it! I wasnt prepared for my reaction and felt very guilty for feeling that way ( i know lots of mums nurse their children to this age and beyond!) - I almost expected social services to come knocking! I think part of it was because he couldnt latch, but i dont regret letting him try as i dont want the others to think anything is exclusively Coreys, and i didnt want thm to think 'only babies breastfeed' as i knew i wanted to feed corey as long as possible.
Ive never admitted this because of how i felt - but you are not alone hunny :bighug:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:07 pm

:aww: Thank you both very much.

Its nice to know im not the only one who does feel or have felt this way, got abit upset with myself!

She asked again today, i think its more that she wants to do whatever Lottie can so ive been trying to pay extra attention to Olivia while feeding and it seems to help.

x
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 pm

It will be because she wants to do what Lottie does and shes jealous. Tia is jealous of all the "cuddles" I give lil miss. If Livi asks for booby maybe she'll get as many "cuddles" as the "intruder" is getting. She'll aget over it and I think you've done the right thing by letting her see.. that in itself will dicourage her (i.e taste)

Breastfeeding toddlers does have a lot of emotion involved. Its a transisitory relationship between helpless baby to independent child...so once you have moved your relationship on to independent child, going back is going to feel strange if not uncomfortable. I would feel very uncomfortable having to change Tia's nappies at this age if she had to use them again, because our relationship has moved beyond that stage. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way. Relationships always change. I am sure that the relationships you have with your parents now is much different from when you were a little girl.

I think you did the right thing, and you will find that Livi will just learn that she doesn't want what Charlotte is actually having, she'd prefer just the cuddles.

If she continues to ask, ask her if she would prefer to have a mummy cuddle instead, you may find thats actually what she really wants. The introduction of a new baby and the fear of being usurped is probably making her crave your attention and love far more than previously. :aww: :aww: :aww:
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:16 pm

:aww: Thank you very much

Yes I think your right about the fact our relationship had gone past the stage as she stopped breastfeeding at 13 months.

I have been doing the cuddle one and its been working, thank you x
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:12 am

Yes i definitely think it is that break between the last time you were regularly feeding Olivia, that does it.

If you had been continuously feeding her till the age of 4, it would have been business as usual, but because she stopped... it does seem odd to you!!

I think Squiglet's nappy analogy hits the nail on the head - it is nothing to do with any preception that feeding a 4yo is odd - it's just that it seems odd bfing your dd after she has pretty much stopped of her own accord - and nothing you should be feel down about. You should feel very proud of yourself that she has self weaned! And enjoy both your lively, independent little girl who knows what she does and doesn't want, and your lovely, snuggly newborn Smile

Am very Shocked at the register office thing - so what on earth do they expect you to do about getting Lottie registered??

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:00 pm

yeah i agree with the others :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:43 am

Thanks!

Yeah I have pretty much come to the thought that its because shes not bfd for so long. She still asks but shes asked for OHs booby milk too Razz

Oh i could get her registered without her being their, but it was still rediculus!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:31 pm

bless her! Laughing

yeah how daft! ha ha Rolling Eyes Laughing
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:31 am

I agree with the others too :aww:

The one time Brody asked for it (by the time I had got sat down he had changed his mind) I remember feeling a bit relieved that he changed his mind but I have no idea why I felt that way. Now I have read this thread I realise it was because of the reasons mentioned :aww:

Yesterday I tried giving Colby some expressed milk for the first time and Brody was fascinated and was quick to ask if he could have it when Colby wouldn't have it! Laughing He knows it was my boob milk as he sat and watched me express it but he wasn't interested at all until it was out Laughing
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:00 am

aww bless her :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down