Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream feeding

4 posters

Go down

Dream feeding Empty Dream feeding

Post by nickyjones Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Does anybody here dreamfeed? I used to do it with Ellie and it worked great. I tried with Keira but she just wouldn't root or latch until I really woke her up and sometimes it was taking me 45mins just to wake her enough to feed. I was thinking of trying again now she is a bit older, but was wondering if anybody had any tips or advice? Last night I started her last feed at 6:40, and put her down for 7pm, she didn't wake until 1am, and then woke again at 4am which is great.... it leaves me half tempted not to bother trying.

Thanks

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Dream feeding Empty Re: Dream feeding

Post by emmiesmummy Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:22 pm

If it was me and she was only waking those two times which are not too bad either,i would probably leave her. Thats just my opinion though.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:32 pm

I agree id leave her too, just follow what feels right Nicky Dream feeding 68469
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:20 pm

I could dream feed with Connor but not with Emily - she woke at the same times as you LO and she continued to do this (I would leave her)
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks all. Last night she woke at 11:20 and 3 which again is fine, I can cope with twice a night. I would just love to get it to once a night as soon as she is able. I know she is getting plenty of milk as she is putting weight on really really well and has jumped from 50th percentile to 75th percentile on the charts when she was weighed last week.

The thing that confuses me is that she doesn't seem to be able to go that long between her first and second feed and that is the one I want her to go longer on, if that makes any sense? That is always the shortest time gap overnight.

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down