Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread!

+4
emmiesmummy
kaygeebee
Natasha
kay
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread!

Post by kay Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Corey is still in my room, but in his own bed, so yeah, i lie in my bed, a few feet away from him. He can see me, and if he talks i can answer.
Our box rookm is used for storage at the moment, i am trying to get it sorted so he gets his own room soon, but i didnt want to do everything at once (stopping boobies, own bed and sleep routine!)
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread!

Post by Helen Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:07 pm

i dont no whether to bring her bed into mine for a few week tbh cos it might make the transition from cosleeping to independant sleeping easier than going straight into her room all by herself. might be trying to run before we can walk lol.
what you think?
xxx
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:45 pm

I would try it and see hun - its working for us so far, and i think baby steps might be the way!
I see it that every step is a step in the right direction, especially at this age when they are more sensitive to things and know what is going on. Things like seperation anxiety can play a part too, and she is going to be getting wiser to the fact things are changing in preperation for baby.
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Helen - i've been thinking of a few things during tonights routine that ive noticed have made a difference to me, so i'll share!

- Corey has a daytime nap 1 - 3 pm, if he doesnt, his nighttime sleep is dire.

- I have changed his toddler duvet for a full size single, and he sleeps much better under it )I think he was cold Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Icon_redface

- do you have a night light on for her - we have a dim one so we can just see round the room.

- i was wondering (dont mean to sound rude Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Icon_redface just trying to help ) if maybe you are over stimulating Bethany with the massages etc? for some little ones it can be relaxing - i wonder if it has the opposite effect on her?

This is my routine with Corey:
Milk drink and bedtime tv 7.30 - 8 pm.
up to bed with a dimmed light at 8pm, 10 minute story.
Lights out except night light at about 8.10 - 8.15,
asleep by 8.25 - 8.30

dont know whether this helps, or whether i sound like a cow lol, but anythings worth a try! Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 871924
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 pm

kay wrote:Helen - i've been thinking of a few things during tonights routine that ive noticed have made a difference to me, so i'll share!

- Corey has a daytime nap 1 - 3 pm, if he doesnt, his nighttime sleep is dire.

- I have changed his toddler duvet for a full size single, and he sleeps much better under it )I think he was cold Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Icon_redface

- do you have a night light on for her - we have a dim one so we can just see round the room.

- i was wondering (dont mean to sound rude Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Icon_redface just trying to help ) if maybe you are over stimulating Bethany with the massages etc? for some little ones it can be relaxing - i wonder if it has the opposite effect on her?

This is my routine with Corey:
Milk drink and bedtime tv 7.30 - 8 pm.
up to bed with a dimmed light at 8pm, 10 minute story.
Lights out except night light at about 8.10 - 8.15,
asleep by 8.25 - 8.30

dont know whether this helps, or whether i sound like a cow lol, but anythings worth a try! Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 871924

haha no you dont sound like a cow lol.
i was thinking about me over stimulating her you no, cos i have noticed that when i put her in the bath at 6.30 she springs to life and i think that might be being bad for her tbh. so tonight i didnt give her a bath or a massage and its took an hour to get her to sleep. better than last night lol.
i keep the landing light on so shes ok with light but i do have a little dora night light i need get batteries for which she might like better.
and as for the duvet/bed sheets omg kay she is a nightmare. she hates with avengence any covers on her - duvet has been the worst! i do manage to cover her up with about 4 blankets when she finally goes to sleep but she has kicked them off by the time she wakes. and i cant even put baby growers on her now which i thought were warmer cos she strips them off her in the night lol.

i thought she was gonna want some booby tonight you no lol. its been 2 month since she last had some but she started moaning for booby and nearly started crying when she was sat in bed. so i got them out and she started laughing again saying dirty boobies lol.

well i am gonna perservere this week with keeping her in her own room just cos we are decorating our room and theres crap everywere. and i'm hoping to get most of it done by end of next week (if we can get a plasterer asap) and then i will see about bringing her bed in with us.

shes been asleep 1 hour 8 mins now not that i'm counting haha xxx
Helen
Helen

Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:13 pm

bless, lmao at the 'dirty boobies'!!! love it!

I dont bath corey every night, and if i do its earlier, so i just follow the routine i am doing. bathtime is chaos in our house cos they all go in together - its like a pool party!!

Im not holding my breath he will sleep through tonight - so far its been one step forward and 3 back, so we'll see, but at least he is into the nighttime routine now!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:24 pm

well i might just start doing bathtime after her tea then its a few hours before bed because she gets so hyper lol.
well fingers crossed for him sleeping through again. i wont hold my breath for bethany tho lol xxx
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:07 am

Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Icon_eek
8pm - 7am in his bed without waking once! Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 355291
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:54 am

Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Icon_cheers YAY Corey Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 am

Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 355291 Carrying on the sleep discussion from my other thread! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 am

Excellent xxx

And Helen you will get there - it is frustrating!!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2