Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allykatz homebirth story

+3
kay
ldnug
allykatz
7 posters

Go down

Allykatz homebirth story Empty Allykatz homebirth story

Post by allykatz Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 pm

sorry this is late not been getting on much........
On 10th sept monday night at 10.30 got my first pain mixed with a braxton hicks tries not to look to much into it but it then came again under 10minutes later, it stayed like this for the next number of hours till i decided to go to bed at 2 to get some sleep.....
Woke the next morning the 11th at around 6 and could still feel the pains stayed in bed for as long as i could but was up and downstairs just before 7, so i came on the internet to use contraction master to time them they were jumping up and down from 5,7,4,6 and so on, ds went to school first so then had to wait for my mum to show up to take dd which was around 10, after they had gone i phoned the mw,
Mw got here at 10.30 and stayed with me for an hour to do her checks, i was 3cm's dilated but my cervix was still high and thick but she managed to do a sweep. while she was here my contractions stayed at 4minutes, she left at 11.30 at gave me her mobile number if i felt them start to get worse but she said i would deffo have my baby by that night,
My sister later came about 12.15, and she started to time my pains which as the next hour went on felt like they were getting abit more in tense.
At 1.30 the mw phoned to see how i was i told her the pains were getting worse and she said she would be over in 20min with gas and air, oh and soon as she hung up i had this imense pressure luckily my sister had set up my stuff on the floor and put a beanbag at one end, i felt really uncomfy and didn't know what to do with myself so i stood up to move oh bad the pressure hit me even more and i collapsed to all fours leaning over the beanbag shouting that i need to push my poor sister panicking sayin to breathe but all i could do was push so i did and the next thing all you could hear was this loud pop as my waters shot out, sister quickly cleaned them up so i wasn't knelt in them, put i wanted to push again sister said not to, but i wanted to but was scared to and was sayin were are the mw's i need them......... luckily the next thing they all came running through the door i had 3 all to my self, including the manager, she was the one who got down and told me to push straight away as her head was there within 3 pushes her head was out with her crying, then i done a slow gently push for her body she was born at 1.58, they passed her through my legs to me, and i slowly manged to turn back around it was then i asked if she'd done a poo, she had but as mw's weren't here when waters went we didn't know but luckily she was ok, i passed her to the mw to be cleaned while i got the placenta out, then she was passed back to me for her first feed which she took great, she weighed 7lb 1oz.........

Oh sorry it long lol, well the first feed didn't hurt, but ever since been in pain right has got better, but left is still bad but got a shield and that has helped loads, mw has been great tryin to help as she is LL trained aswell, we are going to see how i go over the weekend with me removing the shield and tryin to feed if the pain is still severe then there thinkin of treating me for thrush.. but will post about this in the right bit.........
allykatz
allykatz

Female Number of posts : 91
Tell us about yourself : I am mummy to 4 children, the oldest being 14 the youngest 7months, i have bf all of them but only got as far as 7/8 months, my baby now is the longest i have got to right now and doesn't look like it will be finishing soon but i am loving it
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Back to top Go down

Allykatz homebirth story Empty Re: Allykatz homebirth story

Post by ldnug Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:04 am

Congratulations on your new arrival - sounds like thungs went well! cheers

I used nipple shields with my first but managed to avoid it despite some pain with 2nd - I felt they effected the babys ability to latch on to the 'naked' nipple and it led to a cycle of poor latching-sore nipples whenever the shields were removed. I would try and get rid of the shield asap. It sounds like you have got good support from your MW. Lansolin is very good creme as are green cabbage leaves for sore nipples. Also as much fresh air as possible.

You might want to move any BF queries to the BF section of the site - BF problems.

Let us know how you get on!

And what is baby's name!? flower
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:04 am

What a fantastic birth story -congratulations! cheers

I'm so glad every thing is going well - you are very lucky to have the support of such a good MW!

Keep us updated - we appreciate its hard to get on here, so post as and when, and everyone is here to support if things get a bit tough

:group hug:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:52 am

cheers Congratulations! cheers

I had to use shields from 2 weeks - 5 weeks as my nipples had chunks missing out of them and they were getting infected! We were lucky, they seemed to teach Brody to open his mouth wider and tought him to latch a lot better! Shields and Lansinoh saved us! cheers Laughing

I've heard bad things about them too but they worked for us! :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:22 am

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing, you've made my broodiness to go over the scale!
That's how I want my next birth to be!
Great to hear you have LL trained midwife on the board. I'm sure you will manage wean off shields as soon as your nipples will feel better!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:51 pm

That was a fantastic birth story!!

This is what makes me want a homebirth!

But I don't know if im brave enough Razz

Well done x
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:14 pm

well done on achieving your home births, thats how births should be in my eyes..

congratulations and enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:14 pm

hi there do you go on bounty, sept thread i think i recognise your name and the birth story! hello anyway! i had willow on the 19th she was due on the 10th!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by allykatz Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:04 am

hiya angpixi yeah i'm on bounty from sept, i just get every where lol.....
allykatz
allykatz

Female Number of posts : 91
Tell us about yourself : I am mummy to 4 children, the oldest being 14 the youngest 7months, i have bf all of them but only got as far as 7/8 months, my baby now is the longest i have got to right now and doesn't look like it will be finishing soon but i am loving it
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down