Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frankies birth and story so far..........

+4
indigosky2k
Squiglet
angpixi
kay
8 posters

Go down

Frankies birth and story so far.......... Empty Frankies birth and story so far..........

Post by kay Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:07 pm

I made it to 36+4 days, despite the doctor saying no-one in my condition goes past 35 weeks (polyhydramis and funnelled cervix.)
I had quite strong tightenings on the wednesday night, so thought it was my usual false alarm and went to bed with some paracetamol. I had an uncomfy night, and they were still there the next morning (Thurs). Knowing I was going in on the monday for either induction or section depending on his presentation, I decided to let the contractions run their course as baby was head down (i could tell by his hiccups and kicks!!).
I had my sister staying for a couple of days, so we went for a walk, and they suddenly really intensified about lunchtime, so we headed home and i called Dave (who was luckily on a half day from work!)
I was contracting 1 in 3, lasting about a minute, when he got hiccups again - he was transverse Rolling Eyes so i phoned labour ward and had to go straight in.
1/2 way there, i shouted at dave to put his foot down - i knew this was it and it was happening quickly! What a Face
I got into the labour ward, and they put me in a room and left me! Im sure they thought 'oh god its her again!'
After about 15 minutes of noisy contractions she came back and said, 'oh youre a bit noisy, are they painful?' Suspect ermmmm, yes?! I pointed out again he was transverse and i was in established labour, and she said, well, i ll hook you up and see!
she put monitor on and said 'oh my god' and ran and got a doctor! he felt my belly and said 'its transverse' banghead i pointed out i had told them all of this and the baby was coming! he gave me an internal, my cervix was dilated and my waters bulging. I was gowned up and whizzed to theatre, there was no presenting part for baby to come out naturally, it was too dangerous for both of us Crying or Very sad
I had a spinal block, and Frankie James was delivered into the world at 4.03 pm.
Daddy had fist cuddles as i was being sorted out, so i missed the initial skin to skin, but i was able to hold him after about 20 minutes. He was making little goat type noises, which were really cute, until the midwife said it wasnt normal and if he didnt stop soon, she would have to get the doctor to look at him. he didnt stop, and ended up in SCBU........

he started off with a head box with oxygen in it, but his oxygen levels didnt improve, so he was put into NICU in an incubator, and soon ended up on CPAP. it was horrible. he was like this all day friday, and then picked up in the day on saturday, so we were able to have a cuddle of him. Saturday evening we were called over to SCBU, he had taken a serious turn for the worse and ended up on a ventilator and morphine. I was an absolute wreck, i couldnt stop crying, he had seemed so much better in the afternoon, and now i thought i was losing him
pale overnight, he had every test imaginable, including a lumbarpuncture. He also had surfactant to help his lungs work.
He remained vented for about 48 hours, which i have to say were the absolute worst of my life. i couldnt sit by him, i was scared to bond with him.
when i went over monday morning, he was off the vent and back on CPAP -the nurses told me he woke for the 1st time since being on it at 1am and had a paddy and tried to pull it out - they had no option but to remove it and see! It turned out he had RDS (respiritory distress syndrome) and sepsis.
He went from strenght to strentgh, until he was completely off any oxygen, finished antibiotics, and having full feeds of EBM through a stomache tube.
Thursday he was moved from the incubator to a cot, although he was still in NICU, they said he would soon be home, i was so excited!
when i got over yesterday morning, i was met with news that he had a temp and his bloods showed more sign of infection. he slept all day, and was just in a vest but still hot, and wasnt interested in feeding at all. I felt so crappy, as i was so excited the day before. i ended up discharging myself that night so i could come home to my guys, i needed a cry, my bed, my boys and a decent shower.
I have been in today, and hey presto - his temps are normal, his bloods are fine, and he has graduated from NICU to room 2!
cheers
but best of all, he has latched on loads and had minimal tube feeding today! clap

I know its still a day at a time, and he is still there, but thats the story so far, and very much in a nutshell!

Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010101 Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010095

Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010089 Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010088

Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010080 Frankies birth and story so far.......... _MG_3537

Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010119 Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010116

Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010143 Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010139

Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010119 Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010116

Frankies birth and story so far.......... P1010144 Frankies birth and story so far.......... 2010-09-11152953

Frankies birth and story so far.......... 2010-09-11124726
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Frankies birth and story so far.......... Empty Re: Frankies birth and story so far..........

Post by angpixi Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:46 am

hes so gorgeous hug2 i cant imagine what youve had to go through i hope this is the end of troubles and hes home soon xx he does look a sturdy little thing!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Frankies birth and story so far.......... Empty Re: Frankies birth and story so far..........

Post by Squiglet Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:05 pm

He's lovely Kay.... Sounds like he's already giving you a but load of trouble. Wink Gonna have to watch that one Smile
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Poor little mite having to go through all that and poor mummy too, I can't even imagine what you must have been feeling hug3

He is absolutely adorable though and you must be so proud of him. I absolutely love the bfing pic, brought lots of tears to my already teary eyes I love you

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Ohhh Kay hug3
He is gorgeous!!

I really hope hes home with you soon, been such an emotional time for you x
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Ohhhhh Kay. Huge hugs.

I really hope Frankie is home and we get to meet him soon. He sounds like a little fighter. :-)

It's really really tough in SCBU - but it sounds like you and Frankie are doing amazingly well.

Anything you need at all, just ask. xxxxxxxxx

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks ladies, and thanks Karen hug2

needless to say, i wont be making the sale on saturday - gutted!! been looking forward to it for ages!!!!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:26 pm

If you want me to look out for anything then let me know - will PM you my moby no. I don't think I'm buying much this time! (I always say that though lol...)

There's always November - when Frankie will be fit and well and with you. xxxxx

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 am

I've been wondering how it all went, and never thought to look on here, (terrible baby brain).
So glad its getting better now and hopefuly little Frankie will be home with you all soon.
xxxxx
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by summer-rain Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:05 am

Kay you are an amazing and very strong woman hug3 Frankie is so handsome and I love the picture of you and the boys Very Happy xx

summer-rain

Number of posts : 18
Tell us about yourself : I have 2 boys 1 girl and love my OH
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:19 am

Thankyou! hug3
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down